1st : "Party"

(Rowan Blanchard : Riley Mathews)

1st Chapter : "the party's just getting started"

Riley POV :

"Excuse me"

I say as I gently push the boy who was blocking the entrance to the living room.

He didn't bother to look at me, too busy sucking the face of the girl in his arms.
I simply roll my eyes as I pass by them and enter the room.
Inside, the temperature was hotter. It was kind of normal since the living room was also the dance floor.

The DJ was blasting Don't Wanna Go Home by Jason Derulo and the teens were dancing to it.
Among them, was Farkle Minkus, my best friend.

I can't help but smile once I see him, completely forgetting that I was supposed to be pissed at him for abandoning me at the party after begging me for days, to come.

The reason why I didn't want to come to this party, is because it was held at Jake's house.
Jake is a friend from school, who had a crush on me for years.
He's also considered as the second most hot male in our high school. With his  jet black hair and blue eyes, he made every girl melt.

Almost every girl. I was immune to his charm.

I really wanted to like him though. He had the looks, the brains and personality, but I just couldn't.
He keeps asking me out, and I keep turning him down and that's the reason why I didn't want to come tonight. I didn't want to see his eyes fill with sadness after another rejection.

Good thing is that, I haven't seen him since I came, which was kind of weird.

I chase Jake's thoughts from my head and go back to focusing on Farkle.

I make my way over to my best friend and don't think twice before grabbing him by the arm and dragging him away from the girl he was dancing with, to the kitchen.
We arrive inside the empty room and almost immediately, Farkle sights in relief.

"Thank you! I was starting to think that she really won't let go of me"

He says referring to the girl he was dancing with. Or should I say that SHE was dancing with HIM?

"Don't tell me she's your next  target?"

I ask as I sit on the kitchen countertop.

Farkle offers me a beer that he took from the fridge and I gladly accept it.

"No. Never. She's no fun"

He answers with a smirk before drinking from the brown glass bottle

Every two months, my dear best friend over here, plays this little game where, he targets a certain someone, flirts with them for two months, and tries to make them fall in love with him. He never lost, not once.
In other words, he's a player.
But he's different. He likes to "spice" things up and that's why he plays with both genders : girls and boys.
Yes. My best friend is bisexual, and so am I.

"Hey guys"

Greets the boy who just entered the kitchen.

He walks between Farkle and I, to the fridge and takes a beer out of it.

"I thought you never drink before a race Lucas"