14th Chapter : "Lie" (1)

A:N : things get interesting in this chapie ;)

14th Chapter : "Did he lie? " (Part 1)

Riley POV :

The bell rings, signaling us that History is over.

As I just started to put my things back inside my bag, Maya already stood next to my desk, ready to leave the classroom.

"Can we go to your locker? I have clothes to give you back in case your forgot"

She says, making me remember that I also forgot to give her back her clothes, along with Lucas's shoes.

"Yeah right, me too..."

That night, at Lucas's lake house, when I fell in the lake, I forgot my soaked clothes at Lucas's place, and I only noticed when I received a phone call from "pretty boy", telling me that Maya would give them back to me at school.

Once the last item in, I throw my bag over my shoulder as I get up from my seat then lead the way to my locker.

Maya and I step inside the crowded hallway. I look at the blonde girl from the corner of my eye and notice how she was holding her books with an arm.

"You should put it back in your bag"

My lips part in a half smile as she scrunches her nose, in an adorable way.

"Nah...I'm fine. Later maybe."

We arrive in front of my locker. I put my bag on the ground, and make my both hands, work on opening it.

"I bet you took selfies with my clothes on. You look like the kind of the girl who takes a lot of pictures of herself"

Says Maya as the corner of her lip lifted, in her signature cocky smile that I learned to love already. I decide to play along her weird flirty game.

"Whaat?"

My voice gets higher whereas her cocky and contagious smile gets larger.

"Maybe"

Taking the bag, in which I put all the clean clothes that she lend me, from the locker, I give it to her, and in exchange, she gave me back mine.

"Can I see them?"

"I don't think you want to"

Her eyes widen in excitement at my words, and I try my best to fight back a smile.

"You can give me back the bag tomorrow"

I tell her, then point to the one I just gave her.

"I'm starting to think you did this whole bag thingy, just so you can see me again"

She narrows her eyes.

My eyes widen and I cover my opened mouth with my hand, faking a shocked expression.

"oh my...my secret has been revealed"

I fake a surprised tone.

At that exact same moment, someone accidentally bumps into my blonde friend, making her books fall in the process.

"I'm sorry"

Apologizes the girl who just bent down to pick up Maya's book.

"Selma?"

I ask, not entirely sure, it was her.

But indeed it was. Selma stood in front of us, with a disturbing look on her face.