18th Chapter : "Fuck You"

Previously :

"Oh and Maya..."

He pauses and cracks a devilish grin:

"Welcome to 'the hell's louses'"

18th Chapter : "Well fuck you then!"

Whispers, whispers and whispers.

All we could hear were whispers, coming from everywhere, from every table.

Glances, glances and glances.

Every student in the cafeteria were looking over their shoulders, turning their heads, right and left, just so they could steal glances at us.

We were the center of attention.

When you hang out a lot with two of the most popular and good-looking boys in our school, you'd think it's pretty normal, but it wasn't.

Sure, some people already looked at us, a lot even, but most of the glances were directed to Lucas and Jake. Who could blame them? Both boys were practically Eye Candy.

Now, it has changed.

People weren't just looking at our table because of the boy's, no, no, no.

It was because, once again, the little blonde girl sitting in front of me, went to their table.

Austin's table.

The table no one should mess with. The table filled with criminals.

Like they say, rumors spread like wildfire (A/N : COME ON I'M A GENIUS)

And like most rumors, almost every one was made up and wrong, but one person got it right:

"The new girl is going to race Charlie, Saturday night, at the city's harbor."

They got the essential, but not the most important.

She was doing this for them, the students, and most importantly, if she loses, she would have to join them, the others, that table, that gang.

"This is crazy. You are crazy"

I blurt out, frustrated.

Maya takes another bite from her sandwich and rolls her eyes at me.

I hated this. I hated how she was acting like everything was all right, and pretty normal. I hated how I was more frustrated than she was. I hated how I was frustrated for her.

"I think we should have faith in our Maya"

Says Jake, just when I thought that I couldn't get angrier.

The blonde girl and black haired boy, high five each other.

"I have faith in her! I just don't trust him!"

It's official: I am very pissed.

"Don't worry, I already won against Charlie. I can do it again"

"What makes you believe that Austin is going to keep his promise? This is absurd!"

Maya lets go of her sandwich, obviously not hungry any more.

"I don't know"

She shrugs her shoulders.

"He seems like a guy who keeps his promises"

I let out a fake laughter.

"Yeah right"