2nd : "Relationships"

( : Jake Jackson)

2nd Chapter : "The best relationships start off with friendship"

Riley POV :

.

"Anndd we're here"

I say once my best friend stops his car, in line, with others, just in front Lucas's lake house : a beautiful old, wooden and multi-leveled house. I then unbuckle my seat belt as Farkle does the same.

From the car window, I could see the screaming and much excited teens, head to the back of the house, where they'd find the racing scene that surrounded the whole lake.

Farkle once told me that the racing scene was made by Lucas's father and some of his friends, years ago. The Friar family (Lucas's family) is known for some of its famous bike riders.

Lucas's father for example : Mike Friar is a well known bike racers but he was nothing compared to his deceased brother : Joey Friar.

Joey apparently won 26 Tourist Trophy Races, which is a motorcycle sport event held annually on the Isle of man and that's a big deal. Sadly, he died during a race last summer. The video of his death, that was uploaded on the internet of course, has millions of views.

I haven't seen it thought. I didn't really care. It's not like I knew him and unlike Farkle, I wasn't a big fan of racing.

"Boy this is going to be fun and challenging"

Says Farkle and I wonder if he was talking about the race or something else.

We both get out of his car, and follow the crowd to the back of Lucas's lake house.

As soon as I step out of the vehicle, a cold breeze hits my bare legs and arms, and I regret my clothing choice. I should've known it would be cold by the lake and I should've at least brought a jacket with me. But instead, I got out of my place, wearing a white v neck and jean shorts.

I wrap my arms around myself, in attempt to stop myself from shivering. Someone must've noticed, because I felt something warm rest on my shoulders.

As I lift my head, my gaze meets Farkle's.

"You can have it."

He says, and mentions to the grey jacket resting on my shoulders.

I smile, put it on, and almost immediately stop feeling cold.

"Oh and..."

Starts Farkle as we both continue following the teenagers to the race scene.

"Make sure to give this one back to me. I really like this jacket."

As soon as he finishes, I try my best to hide my smirk.

In case you didn't get it yet, I have a bad habit of never giving him back the clothes he lends me.

"I'll try"

I answer him in a playful tone.

At the same time, I spot a girl and a boy. They were both walking in our same direction, when they suddenly decided to take a turn to the left, and head to the house, or more precisely the garage, instead of getting to the race scene.

I frown and elbow Farkle then mention for him to look at them.

What's wrong with that?

You may ask yourself.

It wasn't just any boy.

It was Lucas Friar. The owner of the lake house, and one of the bikers  who were  racing tonight.