20th Chapter: "Mysterious Racer" (2)

A/N : Holy shit I'm so sorry! I didn't realize I didn't update in two weeks!

20th Chapter : "Mysterious Racer" (2)

"We're here"

Says Farkle as he stops the engine.

"No shit Sherlock"

Replies Riley, suddenly feeling frustrated, and it's only when her brown eyes meet her best friend's blue ones, in the rear view, that she realized how harsh she sounded.

But Farkle didn't take that the wrong way. He had noticed that she was on her nerves since he came to pick her up at her place, to go to the harbor.

Yes, it was already Saturday night, it was 8:40pm (exactly 20 minutes before the 'rendez-vous') and the group of friends were already at the harbor, all ready to witness the Charlie vs. Maya race.

Riley, Samantha, Jake, Lucas, step out of Farkle's car, along with the owner of the vehicle himself.

Selma couldn't come. She faked being sick to the others, whereas Farkle and Riley knew the truth. She told them a few hours ago, that she would spend the night at a café with free wifi (heaveennnn) and keep hacking the file, to try and see more of it.

As for Maya, she was already on her bike. Her black racing motorcycle stopped in front of Farkle's SUV, taking her helmet off, and resting it on her lap, she ran a hand in her slick hair, and looked around, growing impatient when she saw no sign of Charlie.

The moment Samantha stepped out of the vehicle, something in the corner of the docks caught her eyes. A color in the darkness, dark green to be more exact. Suddenly, a hand lands on her right shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

Asks the twin brother, as he follows his sister's gaze, for he had noticed her standing at the exact same spot for at least 5 minutes, but saw nothing unusual.

The moment Samantha looked away from the 'thing', to glance at her brother, she hadn't realized that that green 'color' backed away, disappearing in the darkness.

"There's something there"

Answered the girl, pointing towards the area she has seen what she thought was strange, but as soon as she turned back her head, she realized it was no longer there.

"Never mind"

She says before walking away from her brother.

Her eyes almost immediately found their way to the brunette standing at the edge. Riley's arms were wrapped around herself, in attempt to protect herself from the wind, and Samantha was about to walk towards her, when someone walked past her, making her stop in her tracks.

Jake was faster, and within a few seconds, he was already standing next to the brunette.

Sighting heavily, Samantha turns around and heads back to the vehicle, deciding she didn't feel like staying outside for the moment.

Whereas, leaning against the hood of the car stood both Lucas and Farkle.

"So do you think she'll win the race?"

Asks the shorter boy, his eyes leaving the blonde girl who was still on her bike, to go land on the Texas boy standing next to him.

Lucas folds his arms and takes a deep breath, filling his lungs with as much air as possible.

"You saw her at the lake, she's really good..."

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't hide his concerned expression.