16th Chapter : "Drawing"

Previously :

"Marie Friar, died at 5:47am in the state of Nevada in the 12th of February 2004. Cause of death, childbirth Married to Joey Friar"

Did Lucas lie?

I now have my answer...

16th Chapter : "You're obviously not good at drawing"

Riley POV :

"Good- ...wow you're in a hurry"

I enter the kitchen, kiss my father's cheek and manage to put on my flannel shirt at the same time.

Black and white. My favorite plaid shirt of all time.

"Yes I am"

I answer him then put a toast in between my teeth.

"I guess I don't want to know why"

He shrugs his shoulders, and takes another spoon of his cereals.

I try my best to smirk, careful not to make the toast fall from my mouth, then throw my bag over my shoulder and rush to the front door of our apartment.

We live in the 5th floor, but I was so in a hurry, that I didn't take the elevator, and directly went to the stairs.

In front of the building, as expected, and as I asked him, stood Farkle Minkus, leaning against his black Ford SUV.

Yesterday, or should I say early this morning, after Selma and I ended our phone call, instead of going back to sleep, I called Farkle and asked him to come and pick me up ten minutes earlier than when he usually does.

Of course, he ended up cursing me for waking him up at a time like that, and thought I should've just texted him. Eventually, he ended up calming down, and agreed.

"Hi"

He greets me.

His voice was raspy, and he had big dark circles under his eyes.

Quickly, I start eating the toast and finish it in a matter of seconds.

"Good morning panda man"

He sticks his tongue at me while he opens the door to the driver's seat, and sits behind the steering wheel.

I do the same and go sit next to him, in the passenger saet.

"Looks like you didn't get much sleep"

I say while buckling my seatbelt.

Farkle adjust the rear view mirror, puts his seatbelt on, then starts the engine, before leaning back against his seat.

His eyes close as he starts speaking.

"I kept waiting for my parents but they didn't come. Almost an hour before you called me, I received a phone call from them. They told me their case still wasn't over, and they had to stay in France for a few more months"

His blue eyes open and stare at the car ceiling.

"Screw them if they can't come back home to spend some time with their child!"

Farkle slightly turns his head and his gaze meets mine.

"You don't need them as long as you have us, your friends. You don't need them as long as you have me"

The corner of his mouth lifts up in an amused smile. He then gets in a better sitting position and puts his hands on the steering wheel.

"Idiot"