8th "Queens High School"

8th Chapter : "Queens High School"

Maya POV :

"Good morning darling"

As I enter the kitchen, the smell of pancakes, eggs and coffee fill my nostrils.

"Good morning guys. Smells delicious Mike"

I reply then go to sit in front of the woman reading a magazine while sipping coffee from her cup. Texas boy's mother greats me with a smile, and I instantly smile back.

"Did you sleep well?"

She asks.

I put cereal in the bowl that was already on the table, then grab the milk bottle and pour some on my cereals.

"Yes. Don't worry Sarah."

Relieved, her eyes leave me and go back to reading her magazine.

"Good"

I hear Mike say.

Next thing I know, cowboy's dad walked to us, holding a frying pan with a hand, and a plate with another.

He puts the plate in front of me.

"I know how much you love eggs"

He tells me as puts a lot of what's inside the pan, in my plate. From eggs, to beacon.

"You know me too well Mikey"

Not wasting a second, I take the fork in my hands and dig in my plate.

Weird right? The fact that, for once, the man is the one cooking and the woman is the one who's patiently waiting to be served?

It wasn't actually weird, more like rare. But it's always been like this with Lucas's family.

Sarah over here, isn't what we can call a great cook, that's why, whenever he could and had the time too, Mike was the one who took care of the food. But sometimes, whenever he's busy, or whenever he'd come late from work, Sarah had to go to the kitchen.

"Where's Ranger Rick?"

I ask as soon as I realize that he wasn't among us.

Mike places the frying pan in the middle, on the table, takes off his apron, then goes to sit next to his wife.

"You've been charged to wake him up"

He answers as he puts some eggs in his plate.

Sarah burst into laughers, making her husband do the same. Confused, I look at them with a raised eyebrow, wondering what could be so funny.

"What?"

I ask them, not knowing if I should laugh too.

"If you don't want to be late for your first day, I suggest you go wake him up now"

Tells me Sarah.

I just nod my head and take another bite of my beacon.

"I still have time"

I say, not taking seriously any of her words.

She simply shrugs her shoulders whereas Mike shakes his head and tries his best to hide an amused smile.

A few minutes later, I finish my plate and get up from my seat.

"That was delicious Mike"

Now let's go see our favorite cowboy.

I leave the kitchen and head to the stairs, situated in the end of the hall. These were much more different than the wooden ones from their lake house. These stairs were much more elegant. In fact, the whole house was much more luxurious and elegant than the one by the lake. It screamed money, from its expensive furniture to its indoor pool located in the basement.