6th : Splash! (2)

Previously:

"Fuck. I'm so sorry"

She cusses.

"Yeah, me too"

Before I could understand what I was about to do, I grabbed her hand for the second time tonight, and pulled her in the water with me.

6th Chapter : Splash! (Part 2)

Riley POV:

My eyes widen when I realize my actions.        

Oh shit...What if she's mad?

When she rushed to get back to the surface, and took a big breath to fill her lungs, the guilt inside me grew up, especially when I saw her facial expression.

She was surprised and especially freezing, but I couldn't make out if she was mad or anything.

By now, many teenagers were already on the wooden bridge watching us. They stood still, and waited for what was going to happen next. None of them thought about helping us get out of the water.

The girl's lips, that were naturally pink a few minutes ago, turned into purple, and I noticed that her baby blue eyes turned a darker shade.

"I'm so sorry."

I let out, hoping that she'd hear all the sincerity in my trembling voice.

Other than my voice and I, the girl was also trembling. Her teeth's chattering stopped and I decided I should excuse myself again, before she could say what she was about to say:

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know what I was doing it just ha-"

Next thing I know, I am cut off when a splash of cold water hits my face.

My jaw drops and I wipe the water from my eyes before slowly opening them. In front of me, the freezing girl manages to grin.

"I'm soo getting my revenge. Maybe not tonight, but I'm sooo going to get it. And it's going to be epic"

I smile, relieved that she wasn't angry, but also because her getting her revenge, meant that I was going to see her again.

"Finally! You're here!"

She exclaims as she turns her head and attention to the wooden bridge.

I follow her gaze and my eyes land on a breathless Lucas, who was holding a towel in each hand. Next to him stood Farkle, who was also holding towels in his hand. He looked like he was about to burst into laughers any time.

"What were you waiting for?! No one fucking thought about helping them get out?!"

Screams Lucas before rushing to the very edge of the bridge and help the blonde girl get out of the water, while Farkle ran to me, and did the same.

As soon as I'm out of the water (and it kind of took some time to take me out of the  lake for my best friend over here, isn't what we can call an athletic guy like Lucas) Farkle puts both towels over my shoulders and I hold on to dear life for them.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Lucas warming up his girlfriend, his arms wrapped around her small body, trying to stop her shaking.

"How did THIS happen?"

Asks Farkle.

"Charlie kind of pushed me...well actually, he pushed the girl over there and she ended up pushing me, and lastly, I fall in the cold lake"