17th Chapter : "hell's louses"

17th Chapter : "Welcome to the 'the hell's louses'"

3rd Person :

"I still can't believe you speak fluent French!"

Screams the brunette, Riley, as Maya and her, leave their last class before lunch.

"I know, this is like the 10th time you told me"

Maya chuckles as the two girls walk in the hallway, towards the school's cafeteria.

"Who taught you?"

Asks Riley.

She didn't mean to break the rule number 2 by asking that question...No! Screw that! It's a lie! She meant to break it. She asked that question on purpose, just so she could learn more about her past. Maybe it'll help them find out more about Maya.

"My aunt. She died a few years ago"

Answers Maya.

At that exact moment, Riley felt like hitting her head against a wall, really hard.

She was scared she might've reached a sensible subject.

"I'm sorry about that"

If Maya really was who they thought she was, which means Joey's daughter, then talking about death shouldn't be too fun for her.

To be honest, death is never a fun subject to talk about, but Riley thought it must've been more difficult for the blonde girl walking next to her. She was just a teenager, still, she already lost soo many loved ones.

"My mother's family... is half French. So, technically, so am I"

"That's so cool"

The two girls reach the cafeteria. Maya pushes the door wide open, and mentions for Riley to go first.

She walks in and Maya follows behind.

As soon as they step in, the girls notice someone waving his arms in their direction, in order to catch their attention.

Riley playfully rolls her eyes at her best friend's behavior, whereas Maya just snickers thinking how childish Farkle looked, while doing these arm gestures.

They walk to the table and there, their friends greet them:

Farkle: (in a fake flirtatious tone) "Hello ladies"

Jake: "Hi girls...You look beautiful Riley" (His eyes never leaving the brunette)

Lucas: "My favorite girls" (turns to face Selma:) "No offense Selma. You're awesome as well"

Selma: "None taken pretty boy. Hey!"

Riley notices that she, Selma was, up until now, fully focused on her laptop. It only took a few seconds of eye contact between both girls, for the brunette to fully understand what was happening.

She's working on hacking the file...

Riley sits down next to Farkle, who happens to be sitting in front of Lucas, just so he could have his eyes on him all the time, whereas Maya goes to sit next to mister Friar.

"I'm hungryyy"

Groans the blonde girl then rests her forehead on the table. A few seconds later, she lifts her head and searches for something in her pocket.

"Go buy me a sandwich cowboy"

She says as she hands Lucas a ten dollar bill.

"Yeah me too please"