three

i wrote this all in the car between naps so if any of it doesn't flow please just fill in the pieces yourself or tell me so i can go back and edit it

       Yoongi was sitting on the couch, watching Jimin color when his phone buzzed in his pocket. It was a text from his boss, asking if he could go with him on a business trip this weekend, as the last sales manager had to drop out. Yoongi replied yes without really thinking about it, not remembering that he now had a toddler to take care of. Yoongi look down at at Jimin who carried on coloring, the picture of a kitten almost complete.

       "Hey, Jimin, I'm going to go to the store, do you need anything?" Yoongi asked, reaching over the side of the couch for his shoes. He noticed a large pile of discarded crayons on the floor next to them and he sighed. Jimin absolutely refused to use the blunt ones, even after Yoongi sharpened them with an old pencil sharpener he'd found.

       Jimin looked up, his eyes alight as he started counting things off on his fingers. "Chicken nuggets, animal crackers, gummy snacks, macaroni—"

"Let me stop you right there, Jiminie. I'll pick up whatever I find. Do you want any big food while I'm out?" Yoongi asked. Jimin wrinkled his nose and Yoongi nodded, taking it as a no. He walked to the kitchen and pushed the knives against the wall and hid the soda behind some things in the refrigerator before leaving Jimin to his own devices.

Yoongi wandered around the store, unsure of wear to get chicken nuggets. He hadn't bought any since his cousin's fifth birthday party, and even then he'd been at the cosy corner store close to his home in Daegu, not at a large connivence store in Seoul that had everything ranging from animal crackers to car tires.

As he passed the toy aisle Yoongi paused momentarily, his cart squeaking against the floor when he stopped. Yoongi turned down the aisle, deciding that he'd just pick up Jimin some new crayons to use while he was away. A new twenty-four pack and he'd be on his way to the freezer aisle for frozen food he new Jimin could cook while he gone without hurting himself.

Yoongi looked down at the assortment of coloring utensils, staring at them dubiously. There were crayons, markers, stamps, gel tip pens– too many choices for an indecisive person like Yoongi to decide on just one. So he picked up crayons, markers, and a new coloring book before forcing himself out of the craft aisle.

Pushing his cart towards the food aisles once more, Yoongi couldn't believe how ridiculous all of this was. He was buying crayons and children's finger foods for a grown man. He was legitimately worried about leaving a grown man at home for three days alone. Yoongi contemplating asking Jimin to stay in big space while he was away, and he knew Jimin would force himself to. This was the exact reason Yoongi couldn't ask him to do it. He didn't want the poor boy to be miserable the whole time he was away by forcing him into a mindset that made him stressed.

Yoongi pulled his phone out of his pocket and put it in between his shoulder and his ear. He looked around for the chicken nuggets as he waited for Jin to pick up, tapping his foot in frustration when he couldn't find them.

"Hello?" Jin asked. Yoongi could tell he was tired, and with Jungkook running around, Yoongi couldn't blame him. From what Jimin had told him, Jungkook was a little brat that needed to be taught a thing or two about manners. Yoongi assumed that's what Jin was doing the other night, teaching him manners.

       "Hey, I'm going on a business trip and am going to be out of town this weekend and on Monday. Do you mind stopping in every once and a while to check on Jimin?" Yoongi asked, squinting at the freezer. Where were the damn chicken nuggets? "Also, do you know where the chicken nuggets in the super market are?"