four

this update is long overdue i'm sorry also sorry it's kind of crap

Yoongi walked around his room – well, limped actually because Jimin kicked in his sleep – grabbing random things to throw in his bag. He'd completely disregarded his work trip in favour of sleeping with Jimin the night prior, and he had to leave in a little less than in hour and he was stupidly unprepared. He hadn't packed, showered, made breakfast for Jimin – hell he hadn't even woken Jimin up yet – and he hadn't called the airline to book his flight.

       Yoongi was in the middle of frantically looking for his suit jacket when a small hand tugged at the waist band of his shorts. He looked over at Jimin, who was looking at him with sleepy eyes, still crusted over with rheum. Yoongi took hold of his face and pushed it away with his thumbs.

       "Are you sure you have to leave?" Jimin asked, leaning his head against Yoongi's hand. Yoongi pressed his fingers into Jimin's cheeks, almost smiling at the chubbiness of them.

"Yeah, I'm sure, but I won't be gone long." Yoongi said. Jimin stepped closer to him and laid his head on Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi rested his cheek against the side of Jimin's head and sighed. Originally, Yoongi thought the 'little' side of Jimin was going to be weird, or hard to accustom to, but really it just turned in him into a big cuddle bug. Yoongi would be lying if he said he didn't like it.

Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi and held onto him tightly, like if he held on tight enough Yoongi would stay with him. Yoongi ran his hands through Jimin's hair, the softness reminded him of something he'd bought at the store the other day.

"Hey, I have another thing for you, close your eyes." Jimin pulled away from him and clamped his hands over his eyes obediently. Yoongi opened up his closet and pulled out the giant stuffed bear, wearing one of Yoongi's shirts and doused in his cologne. He'd thought of the idea when Jimin told him that he smelled cozy one day when they were watching a movie on the couch. Yoongi pushed the bear into Jimin's arms and the younger boy opened his eyes with a squeal.

"Is this mine?" He asked, looking down at the bear. It was bigger than him, and Jimin had trouble getting his arms wrapped completely around it. He was adorable. Yoongi nodded and Jimin sat down on the floor, practically covering himself with the bear. Yoongi turned around and shoved a few more things in his bag absentmindedly, until he heard quiet sniffles coming from the floor. Yoongi looked down to see Jimin laying overtop his bear, clutching it in his small hands.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" Yoongi asked, discarding his things in favour for the boy on the floor. Jimin nodded and continued crying into the bear.

"N-no one has ever done a-anything like this for me," Jimin said in between little hiccups. "Thank you so much, hyung."

"Don't thank me Jimin, okay? I–I," Yoongi glanced up at the clock. "I gotta go, but I'll be back soon. And I talked to Jin hyung, if you're good he's going to let you have his phone for a little while and we can talk tonight, okay? So make sure you're good for him."

Jimin let go of the bear and crawled into Yoongi's lap, hugging him tightly once before pulling away. "I'll see you on Monday, right?"

"Bright and early." Yoongi patted the top of Jimin's head and grabbed his bag off of his bed before making his way out of the apartment, mentally checking off his list of things that he did in the mornings. Make breakfast; Jimin will be fine. Push the knives against the back of the counter; done. Hide the soda; Yoongi made sure that he 'forgot' to pick some up the last time he went to the store. Goodbye kiss; oh shit.