twenty three

"I feel like I'm back in college." Jimin said, looking at the paper Yoongi had been writing on. It felt like a small piece of his soul was dying, looking down at the paper covered in bleak black pen instead of colorful, sparkly ones. On it was written a list of foods that he could buy in bulk for cheap, and he had a list much like it back in his freshman year, when he lived in his mother's home but was forced to live like a college kid. He would eat cold ramen in front of his mother and sneak iced animal crackers late into the night while she was asleep.

"It's just a precaution, Jiminie. You don't have to live a strict ramen-only life, but you'll have to try and manage money until you can get a job." Yoongi said, eyes trained on the computer in front of him. He was looking up every store on their street, looking for job openings or somewhere that looked shoddy enough to hire him without a proper résumé.

"What about that cafe? Down the street? It's just cliché enough to work. Maybe on the side you could paint on the beach and meet the love of your life as he explodes out of the sea in a flurry of oranges and deep purples as the sun sets behind his godlike body." Yoongi mumbled distractedly. Jimin snorted and shoved his shoulder.

"You read too much romance, hyung. And besides, I don't want a multicolored sea-god. I have you." Jimin said, resting his temple on Yoongi's shoulder and nuzzling his nose into the older's neck. Yoongi laughed and patted Jimin's knee, murmuring something about and I need to stop reading romance novels. Sure. "I don't know if I'd be good in a cafe... what if I drop the drinks?"

"Then they'll put you behind the counter." Yoongi answered, fingers filling in the online résumé for him. Jimin sighed and snuggled into Yoongi's side. He knew he had to get a job, he just really didn't want one. "Think about it this way; at least you won't be alone at home all day."

"But I still won't be with you," Jimin pouted, words garbled as he pressed his mouth against Yoongi's bicep. "At least here I can lay in your bed and pretend like you're with me."

"You're so cute," Yoongi said. He ruffled Jimin's hair and kissed his forehead before turning back to the computer. Jimin sighed again and went back to zoning out, only coming back to reality when Yoongi's nose pressed against his temple and his bangs tickled the side of Jimin's head. "Want to take a break? We can find more jobs in a little bit."

Jimin nodded and pushed the laptop out of Yoongi's lap before plopping down in it's place. Yoongi grinned at him before pulling him down by his neck, just close enough that their lips were sweeping barely past each other, but not enough to be anything other than annoying. Jimin pouted, bottom lip poking into Yoongi's. Yoongi smiled at him and pressed his mouth up, the kiss becoming more and more awkward as they both smiled into it. It was mostly just their teeth clanking together loudly, lips pulled back into two stupid grins.

"You're going to knock my teeth out," Yoongi said, but he didn't make any attempt to move or pull back, so Jimin just pressed into him, teeth and all.

"Looks like you'll just have to get dentures then, grandpa." Jimin teased, and Yoongi laughed before pulling him down, less teeth and more lips this time around. Then it was more spit and louder smacking noises, and if had been coming from anyone other than them it would have been gross. Then it was less noise and more stinted silence, a noise here and there as Jimin's tongue slipped into Yoongi's mouth and Yoongi's hands slipped under Jimin's hoodie.

Jimin's hands hooked onto Yoongi's collar, pulling him forward then pushing him down until Yoongi was laying flat against the couch, Jimin sitting on his hips. Yoongi remembered the first time he and Jimin kissed. It was right before Yoongi left for college, when Jimin was blathering on about how Yoongi would probably find better friends at college, that it was okay to forget him because he wasn't anything important. That he was nowhere as cool as Yoongi was, that he'd make cooler friends after he left. Yoongi had grabbed him and kissed him, and even though it wasn't as perfect as the movies, it was still a kiss, and it was still theirs. Jimin's first, if Yoongi remembered correctly.