Dear God (Castiel/Terrified!Teenage!Reader)

Castiel/Terrified!Teenage!Reader

WARNING: MAY BE A TRIGGER? CONTAINS PHYSICAL ABUSE AND EXCESSIVE DRINKING.

(f/b) = favorite book

(H/c) hair flows onto the (f/c) comforter, as silent sobs echo into the room. Two voices argue downstairs,  screams muffled by the plaster walls. Creaking from the bed below wakes (y/n) and she peers over the side, seeing her younger sister curled into a frightened ball.

You lay back down, hearing a thud from downstairs, and quickly cover yourself with your comforter. You gaze up to the ceiling, counting the brown water stains to fall asleep once more. Tears began to squeeze past your eyelids as you began to tremble in fear. Your throat closed up as breathing became harder and your heart beginning to thud even louder.

You close your eyes, a feeling of calm wash over you, and you take a steady breath.

You wouldn't call yourself a full Christian, but you at least had to try.

'Dear God, I know that You have been there every step of the way, but I also know how I haven't followed You. I never pray, unless in a dire situation, and the prayers are mostly for my well-being. I know I have not talked of You, but against You. I don't deserve Your love or affection, there are plenty of faithful people who need Your love more than I do. Still, I remember You holding me back when my parents ranted at me, letting their anger of the day fall on us. If You had not been there, I would have been beaten or worse, killed. I fear for my life, but as a older sister, my litter sister comes before me. When my father screams at her, even when she has done nothing wrong, I fear for her. I wish I could grow wings and fly us away from here. Please, send us an angel. No, send her and angel, you wouldn't send one for me. I can take it, but she can't.'

Your tears were free flowing now, collecting in pools on your stained pillow. Wiping your eyes, you scolded yourself for your foolishness. God hadn't answered any of your other prayers, why would he even listen to this one?

The door busted open, splinters flying everywhere as the hall light casted a burly shadow. Your sister scrambled to the top bunk, hiding behind you and shaking in pure terror. Your dad held a belt in his hands, veins popping out from his meaty face. You shielded your sister, willing to give your life for her. She was not going to get hurt on your watch.

The mattress shook as your dad lumbered to the bunk beds. In one drunken move, you were on the ground, his hand clutching a lock of your hair. Your sister clambered to you, dropping from the safety of the top bunk. You dad swiped at her, but you rammed yourself into his stomach.

He fell the ground, but you clutched your head, blood beginning to trail down your face. Your dad slowly sat up, raising his belt in anger. You dodged the buckle by an inch, the metal cutting through the air. He then saw your sister, who sat, eyes wide in fear. You lunge as the belt sliced through the air, the buckle cutting a gash in your cheek, springing new blood to the surface. You tensed, awaiting the next blow, and as you opened your eyes, you saw the belt rushing toward you.

Suddenly, a hand was there, stopping the belt in its path. Your dad looked suprised, but a raven-haired man silently touched your dad's forehead, and he tumbled to the floor. You watch as the man turns around, two massive wings shadowing the wall behind him. Your sister must have seen them too, for a tiny gasp echoes behind you. The man outstretched his hand, and you take it.

"I am Castiel, an angel of the Lord. I was sent to answer your prayer." He said, blue eyes shining.

Ten years later

Ten years after that night, you lived a normal life. Castiel adopted you and your sister, and you carried out normal human duties. Now you were 23, and out of college; a free bird. Castiel had run off with some boys called the Winchesters, so he wasn't at home much. You basically took care of the home, you paid for it, you cleaned it, and worked all day. When your sister came home, you helped her with homework, made sure she ate, showered and got to bed.

Lets just say, you were more than exhausted at the end of each day, and gladly accepted sleep. Unfortunately, when the sailing was finally easy, Castiel just had to come and rough up the waters.

He stumbled in, drunk off his ass, bloody and very dirty. You were sitting on the dusty couch, reading a chapter in (f/b).

"Cas?" You ask, looking up from your book.

He tripped, falling over your sister's backback, falling face first onto the couch cushion next to you. You bookmark your place, before closing the book and set it down on the table beside you. You poke him, unsure if he is awake, which makes in groan in pain.

"That was a highly irresponsible mistake, (y/n)." He grumbles, his sholder twitching as you poke him again.

"You want some coffee?" You ask, trying to roll him over.

His response was muffled by the cushion, sounding like a jumble of noises than actual words. You chuckle, standing up to retrieve a coffee for him.

You come back to him snoring, his face still buried in the couch. You place the blue mug beside your book, going to hoist the asleep angel to his room.

You sling his body over your shoulder; you were quite strong for your size. Preceding to march up the stairs, he stirs awake. You squeak in surprise and embarrassment as he squeezes your ass, mumbling 'You have a nice tush.'

He quickly passes out again and you quickly place him in his bed. You get up to leave but two arms stop you. In a split second you are in the bed with him, his arms catching you in a death grip.

You struggle, trying to wiggle from his gasp, but he just holds on. Rolling your eyes, you give up, turning to push the angel off the bed.

"Mine." He whispers quietly, snuggling his face in your neck.

Feeling something soft brush up against your arm, you gasp in shock. Encasing you is two enormous wings; inky black feathers as long as your forearm attached to huge muscles, which are sprouting from inbetween his sholder blades.

"Mine!" He says once more, his wings gripping you tighter.

You feel so warm, so safe in his arms, and to be honest, you loved the fact that he had saved you from your hellish father. In a sense, he was you and your sister's guardian angel, and you loved him for it.

For the first time in your life, you felt loved, like someone actually cared about your feelings. You had shut Castiel out for all these years, while he had showed you kindness you could never repay.

"Yours." You replied, letting yourself love someone other than your sister.

A babyish smile danced on his lips, a sigh echoing from his mouth. You wished you could stay like this forever, the world shut out; the only thing that mattered way you and him.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works and as soon as it began, it had to end.

Dun. Dun. Daaaaaaa... cliffhanger with no sequel. * evil laugh*

So, did you guys like it? It was kinda new for me and I felt like it really pulled the heartstrings of some of my peeps. I know some of you have had to go through some sort of abuse, whether it be mental, physical or psychological.

You ever need a shoulder to cry on, or someone to vent to, come talk to me. I won't judge, promise. Plus, I'm not going to be that person that says, 'I know how you feel' or I've been though worse.'. I am just going to listen and if you want my advice. I'll give it, but only if you want me to.

Don't forget to press that star if you liked or can relate, comment if I left a major plot hole in this and/or you got a request you want me to do or a question you want me to answer.

So long, my beautiful peeps!

~ LunaMarieWolf