Chapter 6- Two Mistakes

{This chapter has been edited.}

"Wake up Jarolyn."

"Open your eyes."

"Get up, you're alright now."

The voice pierced my dark thoughts. My senses seemed to come to life. I could feel each and every breath I took, could feel the soft sheets I lay on and the warm blanket that covered me. 

There wasn't any pain but soreness was beginning to work it's way into my bones the more alert I became. I blinked underneath closed eyelids, my eyes felt heavy, almost as if they had remained closed for hours on end.

'Magnus? Where am I? How can I hear you inside my head?' 

My thoughts felt sluggish, as if my brain was trying to function before it was supposed to. The feeling was foreign, hearing another voice outside of your own within the personal confinement of your own head.

'Consider this the first part of our date.' His words were meant as a joke but his tone was off, as if he was stressed or worried about something.

The feelings began to creep into me, causing my fingertips to twitch as a frown formed on my lips. Still, as my body woke fully, my eyes remained closed. I felt a warm hand resting on top of mine, soft breathing outside of my own filling my ears. 

Jerking up right, my eyes flew open as my forehead slammed into Izzy's. Groaning she moved back as we both held our heads. The soreness only grew as I shifted around on the bed.

'You know where to meet me.' Magnus was gone then, leaving only the cryptic words and sudden feelings of emptiness in my chest. 

I peered around the room, I knew he wasn't close but it had felt so real. Arms wrapped around me, pulling me from my thoughts as I instinctively hugged Izzy.

"You scared the hell out of us!" Izzy shouted, pulling back from the hug and brushing some of my hair from my face. "Alec nearly had a heart attack." 

Her dark eyes fixated into a glare as she sat back and folded her arms against her chest. I frowned, running my fingers through the tangles in my hair. Hadn't it been up?

"What are you talking about? What happened to Alec?" I questioned, trying to piece together how it was I ended up back in my room. The last thing I remember was heading into Pandemonium with Alec leading the way.

"Seriously?" Her eyes widened as disbelief filled her voice. "You don't remember?"

I shook my head slightly, peering around the room, only then did I realize I was in my own bedroom. As my gaze swept over my room once more my bedroom door gently opened. Alec stood in the doorway, tensing as our eyes met. 

As quickly as I could blink he was standing in front of me, his hands roaming over my face, neck and shoulders. His lips curved downwards but his eyes filled with relief.

"You're awake." He muttered as Izzy moved to stand next to him, both of them being more fixated on my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm awake but apparently I'm missing something? What happened to the mission?" I inquired.