Chapter 21- Clarity

{A/N}

Hey guys! I am back and I just want to deeply apologize for being gone so long! It turns out trying to finish a book in a time schedule without knowing "how" to finish said book is much more difficult than anticipated..BUT! The book is complete which means I can give my full attention to this one!

In my absence of writing this book I decided to not have this book follow the episodes as closely as prior chapters, mainly because Magnus isn't in many of the episodes and are not in them for long periods of time. Since Jar is a huge part of Magnus and vice versa, from about here on out the chapters will be mainly them and their actions so whatever is going on with the other characters will still be canon, it will be just mentioned throughout the times they meet up with Jarolyn and Magnus.

As far as Jarolyn and Alec goes, don't worry, I have an amazing idea that involves the pair and I hope you guys don't hate me to much for this chapter and what it implies, as I won't be going into detail of the later actions, it's only implied. So for those who ship Jarolyn and Alec, don't worry and I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long!

For those who ship Jarolyn and Magnus, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After using my earth magic to stable Luke I had sat on the sofa, Magnus sitting on the arm next to me, his hand firmly holding onto mine. The air was tense and I could hear Luke moaning in pain, he was unconscious but I knew without certain ingredients, there was nothing more that could be done for him. Magnus had explained to Clary, Jace and Simon that we needed a few things before we could fully heal him. Simon and Jace had left, both giving me worried looks as they left. Now Clary was pacing back and forth, muttering how she didn't know if Alec would come, Magnus had stated that we needed some of his blood though I had been confused because I knew it was a lie, I had still remained silent.

"Why is it taking so long? Can't you heal him again? Jarolyn whatever you did it helped can't you do it again?" Clary begged as her eyes flickered over towards us. I had closed my eyes and tightened my grip on Magnus's hand.

"She's tired, leave her be." Magnus spoke in a bored tone but I could tell there was something off about his tone. My eyes opened and stared up at him, from the corner of my eye I noticed Clary watching with a curious look.

"Are you alright?" I questioned, focusing as Magnus's jaw ticked before his golden eyes focused on mine, I could feel sparks leaving our intertwined hands and I felt my eyes glow, my sea foam eyes seemed to shimmer in his own golden eyes. He was angry at the others, angry at me and himself, I could feel it, pooling in my chest. I remained calm, hoping that my calmness would help him and his shoulders relaxed. He leaned forward, pressing his forehead gently against mine and placed his free hand on my cheek, his eyes flickering closed.

"You're a warlock, aren't you, Izzy and Alec, they don't know." Clary spoke as I knew she had finally realized the truth; Alec didn't nearly give her enough credit, she was very smart.

"Yes, I'm a warlock." I spoke in a soft tone as Magnus's eyes opened and he offered me a genuine warm smile. I returned the smile before pulling away and standing as I picked up Magnus's cell phone from the table.

"What are you doing?" Clary questioned, she didn't seem at all phased by the realization of my true nature.

"I'm going to call Izzy, after tonight she has a right to know the truth and with Alec having to come I'm sure she will too." I replied as I dialed her number and pressed the phone to my ear as I walked to my room to change clothes. I waited and waited until I heard her voicemail, I left her a simple message,