Chapter 16- Veneficus Terram

Morning came, the sun slowly rose above the tall glass buildings and the sounds of the city grew louder than they had been throughout the night. I had woken just in time to watch the sun rise from the window, a cup of steaming jasmine tea tightly held in my hands. 

My hair was piled into a messy bun and I still wore my pajama shorts and gray knit sweater. I sipped my tea as I debated on seeing if Magnus was awake. I had spent the few hours on my own going over what had happened last night and I had finally came to the conclusion that there was nothing I could do but respect Alec's wishes of not seeing him. 

He never raised his voice at me and he had never asked such things so whatever had happened in that room had really changed him. It was for the best, I mused as I sipped my tea, if I was going to have to lie to him it would be easier to maintain that lie when I wasn't look him or Izzy in the eye. 

"Look at you, sipping your tea and looking adorable." Magnus's sleepy voice caused me to look from the window and to him. 

His hair was flat and he wore no makeup or necklaces, the only jewelry he wore was the matching gold band on his left ring finger. He was still also dressed in his pajamas which, apparently, is only a pair of gray sweats that hung low on his hips. 

I would be lying if I didn't say Magnus was attractive, very attractive, especially when it was just him and he didn't seem to hide behind flashy clothes, jewelry or makeup, though he still seemed to look very attractive even with all of that. 

"If you want we can forgo all plans and spend the day counting the threads in my sheets." Magnus flirted as he winked joining me by the window, sitting across from and pulling one knee to his chest and allowing the other to remain dangling.

"I'd rather not, it might be a really short time." I said as I hid my smirk behind my cup. 

"For you or me?" He questioned as he raised one eyebrow.

"You, you don't seem the type to count very long." I said as I gave him a playful wink. He scoffed and rolled his eyes as he placed his hand over his heart.

"I'm deeply hurt, I have you know I enjoy counting each and every thread, so much that you'll find we should do it very often." He replied as he leaned forward and pulled my cup from my hands before taking a sip of it. 

He sighed and looked out the window as silence settled around us, I took this time to watch him. His chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm, his golden cat-eyes seemed to glow and his muscles moved and flexed with the simple action of raising the cup and sipping the tea. 

"How did you sleep?" I questioned, it was something I asked everyone back at the Institute, it was always 'good morning, how did you sleep?' I watched with curiosity as his eyes widened slightly and he turned his head to look at me, as if he was slightly shocked by the question.

"Good, missed you and Alexander, I could have used the company, it was a cold night after all." He replied as he stood and downed the rest of my tea before setting the cup where he sat and pulled me up.

"Always a flirty comment, and why would Alec and I need to be there?" I questioned as he led me to my room, thankfully it had remained unchanged. 

"You and I are already connected why not be connected in the physical sense? And I saw the way you were looking at Alexander, though I was being more bold. I think we three could have a very good time together." He replied as he opened my door and gently pushed me into my room.

"Get dressed, you've got a long day ahead of you." He added as he turned and headed towards his room. 

"What looks?!" I shouted in confusion but was answered by a door slamming shut.