Chapter 14-Lover's Memory Pt.1

When I arrived back to the main room Jace was the first to run towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up. 

I smiled and hugged him quickly as he set me down I pulled away and headed towards Magnus, ignoring the confused looks from the others. Magnus smiled warmly at me before turning to the others as he lifted his arms. 

"Hold tight everyone, we're about to move." Magnus spoke as the blue and white light appeared and used his magic to move locations once more.

 It happened with only a blink but the action left Izzy slightly shaken, leaning on Alec for support who looked around confused. Clary and Jace also looked around at the new interior and I wrinkled my nose as I glanced at Magnus.

"Ah, much better." Magnus said as he spun around and winked at me as the sounds of cars and twinkling lights shone from the window. 

"I think I liked the old one better," I joked as I smiled at him before going to rest on the back of the sofa. He winked at me as the others moved around as if they didn't believe we had moved. Alec peered out of the dusty window.

"Well it's inevitable, after each move I get the itch to redecorate," Magnus paused as he watched as Alec pulled his bow and quiver from his back before setting it on the sofa near me. From the corner of my eye I saw Alec stare at Magnus with a confused look.

"Normally I love a dirty lair but this one is just sloppy." Magnus carried on as he reached forward and kicked a stack of books, scattering them across the floor as he smirked looking from Alec to me. 

"Then again with Jarolyn in my life I'm afraid that doesn't happen much, well. When she's in a bad mood that is, she get's in these cleaning frenzies when she wants to think. Adorable really." Magnus finished as he winked at me, again. 

I sighed and shook my head as Alec gave him a weird look before walking past me. I remained where I was blocking out their conversation as I tried to think of how to explain everything to Jace. 

"Pretty boy get your team together, Jarolyn sweetheart you should rest, I don't want you on your feet to long." Magnus spoke, causing me to look up and watch as he walked past but stopped when Jace started to walk forward. Magnus placed his arm against Jace's chest.

"I didn't mean you, I was talking to you." Magnus spoke as he pointed to Alec who gave a nervous smile as I tried to not laugh at the overly offended look on my brothers face. Magnus led Clary from the room and as soon as he was gone Jace was staring at me with Izzy and Alec as well. 

"Since when was you and Magnus Bane so close? Oh wait, you're apparently married." Alec spoke, his voice laced with venom. However I had decided that I wouldn't let their words hurt me, that I didn't want them to know so instead I simply shrugged.

"Jar, just tell us what's going, we can help you." Izzy said as she looked to where Magnus and Clary had gone, as if she was worried Magnus would hear.

"I'm not the one who needs help, Clary is about to summon a greater demon, she's the one you should all be worried about." I spoke as Jace crossed his arms and gave me a stern look as he nodded his head to the side. 

"Oh no, you two are not going off and having a twin moment, you're going to stay right here and tell us what the hell is going on. I am your best friend Jarolyn." Izzy snapped causing me to give her a sad look. 

"Jarolyn didn't share the good news? I'm crushed Jar-Bear." Magnus spoke as he joined us, sitting next to me on the back of the sofa. 

"Enough games Bane, I know the truth and out of respect for my sister I'm trying real hard not to hurt you." Jace hissed as he glared darkly at Magnus. 

"I'm sure one of the shadowhunters would be willing to nurse me back to health." Magnus spoke as he gave a sly smile to Alec that caused him to look even more confused. 

"Just what is going on Jarolyn." Izzy begged as she sat on my other side. 

"It's a secret mission," Jace shouted, throwing his hands up and catching all of us off guard. I gave him a confused look but one wink from him and I knew this was his way of making up for fighting with me. 

"The Clave has forbidden me  from telling anyone, I knew Magnus Bane from a previous solo mission." I lied shooting Magnus a warning look as he shrugged and nodded. 

"She's supposed to enter the downworlders world as Magnus Bane's wife, that's why she has that ring and that's why she took off without saying goodbye the other day." Jace explained as he crossed his arms and gave Alec and Izzy a reassured look.

"So why did you guys fight at the Institute and back in the alley?" Alec questioned as he still didn't look at me.

"It would have seemed strange if my wife wasn't in hiding with me, Jarolyn and  Blondie here staged the fight so she could leave. The same with the fight in the alley, it's best if everyone believes that she no longer has connections with all of you." Magnus spoke adding on to the lie I nodded before sighing.

"I wanted to tell you but the Clave has forbidden me from giving details to anyone, not even Maryse, Robert and Hodge know about the mission. None of you were supposed to find out as well so please don't tell anyone." I finished the lie as I gave a convincing smile to Izzy who seemed relieved. She nodded her head quickly before hugging me tightly.

"I was so worried it was something bad." She confessed as she pulled back and gave Alec a look. 

He nodded his head at me but otherwise didn't say anything. I knew he was hurt and confused, he always hated not knowing things, especially when the Clave went around him as if all of his hard work meant nothing. 

"So what do we do now?You secretly help us find the cup?" Izzy questioned as the door opened and Clary walked out, a proud smile on her face. 

"I'll do my best." I assured her and I meant it, I didn't want to give up on them, maybe it was because I was foolish but I wanted to believe that when they did find out the truth, they would still accept me like Jace had.