Chapter 30- Wayland or Lightwood

I paced back and forth, something about Jace's text seemed a little off, whenever we would text he hardly ever said he actually needed me. It was usually a place and time I had to be and if I didn't go I had better had a good reason. I let out a sigh as Clary burst through the doors but froze as I saw my brother in the arms of a man I never thought I would see again.

"Dad?" I whispered as I took in his features. He was still tall and lean with his blonde hair still cut short and brushed to the left side. His eyes were the same clear blue that would often light up when we made him proud or darken when we failed him.

"Jarolyn, oh my sweet little girl," Michael Wayland breathed as he headed towards me, setting a barely conscious Jace on his feet. Luke appeared by my side, crossing his arms and glaring at my dad, daring him to move closer.

"Who the hell are you?" Luke growled and I frowned as Jace glared at him.

"He's our dad, who do you think?" Jace snapped before wincing. I ignored the adults as I rushed to Jace and examined the wound on his neck. He had lost a lot of blood and the poison was still spreading.

"We need to get him off his feet, now." I spoke in a stern tone as I wrapped his arm around my shoulders and with my dad's help we followed Luke as he guided us to a private room further in the back. We gently laid him on a sofa and I instantly went to work, searching the room for a rag and a bottle I could use to clean the blood. I ignored Luke questioning my dad and Clary explaining, something about going through portals. I didn't care what had happened, all I cared about was saving Jace. I located a slightly clean rag and a bottle of vodka and all but shoved my dad out of the way.

"Let me guess, it's not for drinking purposes." Jace groaned as he offered a weak smile.

"Maybe later, this is going to hurt but I need to clean the wound to see how bad it really is." I explained as I poured the vodka on his wound, I winced as he gritted his teeth trying to muffle his scream.

"Clary, I need you to go and see Raphael, he's lost to much blood, just tell him I sent you." I ordered as I quickly and gently cleaned the blood.

"Is that such a good idea? Sending her on her own?" My dad voiced and I glanced briefly at him.

"She can handle it." I spoke in a short tone as I watched her nod before running off.

"Luke I need you to take him somewhere, anywhere." I asked in a nicer tone as I looked at Luke.

"What? Why? I'm not leaving you and your brother." My dad demanded causing me to frown; he never had a problem with leaving us before, what was different now?

"She's the best healer I've ever seen, let's go." Luke barked as he gripped Michaels arm and dragged him out of the room, the door slamming shut.

"Can you believe it? Our dad's alive." Jace whispered as I used my magic to heal him.

"I can't, we saw him die Jace and why does he care about leaving us? Where did you even find him?" I questioned as I watched my green magic flow from my palms and into Jace's skin. I could feel the poison slowly vanishing and some color was beginning to come back to him.

"It's a long story; can't you just be happy we can have our family back?" Jace grumbled as I pulled my hands away, his wound completely healed.

"We have a family Jace, it's a bit broken at the moment but we still have one." I whispered as I thought about trying to get Izzy off of her trial and keep Maryse and Robert in New York. The image of Alec marrying Lydia entered my mind and I sniffled before blinking as Jace pulled me into a hug.