Chapter 13-Sibling Brawl

When I arrived outside everyone was gone and below me I saw my brother and Alec storm from the club and out into the alley. I watched as Izzy helped Clary walk and as the door slammed shut behind them I debated on leaving. 

However I felt sad for Clary, she had just found out that Magnus didn't have her memories along with the a girl she considered  a sister was dead. Alec began shouting but I ignored them, keeping a lookout on the rooftop to make certain that no enemy would appear. 

They seemed so involved in shouting at one another that they forgot they weren't in the safest of places. I glanced down and see Alec and Jace standing in front of one another before taking each other's hands. 

I felt the magic swirl around them and just as Clary asked what they were doing I took that as my cue to jump down. I landed silently behind Clary and as Izzy told her about parabatai tracking. 

"It seems a little intimate," Clary commented as I stood beside her.

"It certainly looks like it though parabatai's are forbidden from falling in love with one another." I spoke as Jace and Alec stepped back. 

Clary jumped at my words and spun to stare at me in shock, Izzy wasted no time in hugging me tightly. I smiled softly and hugged her just as tightly before pulling away and tucking my hands into my coat pocket. Izzy eyed my outfit before nodding her head however before she could say anything Jace stormed forwards and pulled Clary and even Izzy away from me. 

"Why are you here? Are you a spy?" Jace spat. I flinched at his words as I backed away from him, the boy before me was someone I had never met. I had never dreamed of him treating me so harshly he didn't even treat Valentine's daughter as harshly as he was treating me.

"I'm here because you all seem to have forgotten where you are, no shadowhunter is safe and certainly not Valentine's daughter." I spoke in a cold tone as I felt angry at the way he was treating me. 

"You're not a shadowhunter, I don't know who you are or what you want but you give me back my sister!" Jace screamed as he lunged at me. 

He shoved me against the wall his blade glowing as he lifted it ready to strike but I ducked out of the way after punching him in the jaw. I pulled my staff from my pocket and ignored everyone as my staff grew and I used it to block Jace's sword. 

"It's me Jace! If you would just stop being so thick-headed I would explain!" I shouted as I blocked another hit and shoved Clary and Izzy, making sure they weren't in the way. 

"You show up with a ring, tell me you're engaged and suddenly walking around with Magnus Bane, going by his last name and acting like his wife! My sister would never lay with a warlock and she especially would never keep the truth from me!" 

Jace screamed as he swiped his blade and as I blocked it he elbowed me in the mouth. I winced from the pain before dropping and swiped at his feet, knocking him onto the ground. I quickly kicked his hand making his sword go skittering across the pavement and pointed one end at his nose; this was the same move I always used to take Jace down.

"When we were six you saw me using magic for the first time, you swore you would never tell and that it was just our imaginations. It's not Jace, somehow I'm both, I'm both a warlock and a shadowhunter." I said in a shaky tone as I fell on my knees beside him. He sat up and stared at me, reaching forwards and cupping my cheeks with his hands.

"The Silent Brothers told me that I wasn't a true shadowhunter, that's why I ran away. Magnus found me and told me what I really was, I've been with him because Valentine, somehow knows about me. Robert, Maryse, Hodge, the freaking Clave, they all knew about me but they were," I trailed off as I sniffled.

"They wanted you as their soldier." Jace spoke in a cold tone as I heard footsteps. 

I lifted my head to see Alec, Izzy and Clary running to us. It was then that I realized we had moved away from them and that they hadn't heard what I said. I looked back to Jace just as I heard Magnu's frantic voice in my head. My eyes widened and I quickly stood, pulling Jace with me.

"You can't tell them, I have to go, Jace promise you won't tell them." I begged as I turned getting ready to run off. He caught my arm and spun me back around.

"No, I'm not letting you run off, whatever this is, I'm your twin, your brother, it's my job to protect you so no, I'm not going to let you just go." Jace said as if I was being stupid. Magnus was in my head begging me to hurry that he needed me. 

"I'll find you, you're my twin and I won't let what I am come between us but Jace I have.to.go." I said in a stern tone as I pulled away from him and took off running, ignoring his and the other's shouting. 

I briefly realized I had let my staff behind I shook my head as I ducked into an alley and focused on creating a portal to the warehouse we were hiding in. The portal appeared and I ran through it appearing instantly in the middle of what looked like a battle. Valentine's men were fighting warlocks while many warlocks were portaling away. One of the men lunged at me but I dodged, kicking and punching him. 

"Use our magic!" Magnus shouted from across the room, fighting others. 

I could feel my aquamarine eyes brighten as my finger tips sparked as blue and white mist formed around my hands. The shadowhunter's eyes widened before he screamed and lunged for me once again. 

I waved my hand in front of him as I watched the magic enter his nose and mouth and he collapsed before turning into dust. I could feel magic coursing through my veins and suddenly I wasn't worried about fighting them. 

In fact fighting them with magic seemed almost effortless, as if everything was blurring past me and suddenly I found Magnus and I standing in the center of the destroyed living room. The surviving warlocks had left after us shouting for them to go to the Spiral Labyrinth, though I didn't know why I had shouted it as well. 

"Something's wrong, Zoe." I muttered before I went to take off but stopped when the doors burst open and Zoe along with Clary, Jace, Izzy and Alec appeared. 

"Uncle Magnus! Aunt Jarolyn!" Zoe shouted with tears streaming down her cheeks. She ran towards us and I fell to my knees and hugged her just as Mangus hugged us both. 

"Daddy, they killed daddy." She whimpered in my ear. I hugged her tightly before pulling back and brushing her tears away.

"You need to go Zoe, this is no place for a child." Magnus spoke in a comforting tone as he smiled at her. I stood and wrapped her hand in mine before leading her away from everyone. I created a portal and crouched in front of her.

"Do you remember us learning how it could be possible for warlocks can make portals that lead to people?" I said in a comforting tone as I held her hands in mine. She nodded with a sad look and I smiled softly at her as I pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Why don't we let the greatest warlock of her generation prove that true? Think of your mother, only your mother and you will be with her again." I said as I pulled back and looked at her.

"What if it doesn't work, where will I end up?" She questioned. 

"Your mother and I spoke about a place in central park I went to when I was little. If something ever happened she promised to meet there, so if you don't end up with your mother, you will end up there and from there you can go to the City of Bones and tell them Jarolyn sent you and they will help you. You have to go okay? You'll be fine I promise." I said as she sniffled and nodded.

"Will I see you and Uncle Magnus again?" She whimpered. 

"As soon as this is over you, me, Magnus and the rest of the children will spend the entire day together, I promise, now go." I said as I urged her into the portal. I stood up as she and the portal vanished. 

I sighed as I composed myself, I didn't know what was going to happen but I knew I would be facing Jace and the others and I had a feeling that I wasn't going to get the chance to avoid talking to at least Jace.