Chapter 25- Hello Old, Goodbye New

Jorah and I had decided, to my slight annoyance to not speak about what he is, what I really am or anything to do with the shadow world; instead it felt as if we were old friends or even old siblings teasing one another as we walked side by side down the sidewalk.

"And that, my little Jar-bear is when I was thrown out of Cambodia, the little weasel of a High Warlock still won't even let me cross the line, bit annoying but it was still worth it." He concluded his story making me laugh at his antics; he and Magnus would get along greatly.

"I don't think I'll ever be that adventures." I teased as we turned onto an empty sidewalk and continued walking north.

"Of course not, you're earth, steady and sound why would you be adventurous at all? If anything you might be smarter than the rest of us." He joked as he bumped my shoulder with his arm causing me to roll my eyes.

"How many of us are there?" I questioned.

"Four. There's me, The Water Warlock, you, The Earth Warlock then there's Jarlath, The Fire Warlock and Jorin, The Wind Warlock. We were all born by the archangel Michael and the Fallen Angel Mileil; however when we were conceived it was before our dear mother fell. Though details of our creation and our mother falling are unknown even to us, but our brother and sister are still traveling. Despite being warlocks, we really only prefer our own company of the company of the other three." He explained, though I was confused.

"Jace is my twin? Also, I thought Angels were not permitted to father children much less allow us to be created." I questioned as we came to a stop at a cross walk, waiting for the cars to pass so we could cross.

"Like I said, no one knows and as far as anyone thinks we're just stories told to those who wished they weren't so dark. Not that big of a deal, she looks familiar," Jorah trailed off as his eyes landed on a blonde woman who stood across from us, her blue eyes staring directly at us. Her shoulders were pushed back and her head held high, her lips were set in a thin line and she was dressed in business attire with her hair pulled neatly into a bun.

"Lydia?" I muttered as I recalled a blonde girl who would play with me in the woods near the house in which we lived back when I was a child. Jace had never met her and I had been afraid of telling our father about my only friend.

"So you know her too, great joy." Jorah said as he tugged me across the road, she turned on her heel and headed towards an alley, us following quickly behind. Once we entered the alley she spun on her heel and gave me an angry look.

"Jarolyn Crystal Wayland how dare you." She hissed as she stormed towards me before slapping me in the face. My cheek stung as my head snapped to the side from the force of her slap. I stared at her with wide eyes as my mouth fell open as Jorah laughed next to me.

"No letter, no phone call, nothing, I thought you were dead until I was informed that you had joined the Downworlders as a Warlock! Changing your name to Bane and now look at you! Dressed like, like, oh damn it." She cursed as she yanked me into a bone crushing hug. Lydia had been the type of child to always say how she felt; she reminded me a lot of Jace in that right.

"What do you mean the Clave's said I joined the downworld?" I questioned as I pulled back and gave her a worried look.

"It's been known that you are the greatest alley the Clave has but now they can't get a hold of you. What the hell is going on?" She questioned as her blue eyes pierced into my cat eyes. She didn't seem at all phased with my physical appearance; rather she looked worried about my clothes.

"It's a long story, one I'm still learning but the short version is I'm a warlock but I haven't heard anything from the Clave, why are you here? Is your parent's here?" I questioned, her parents had always acted as envoy's for the Clave, she often said she would rather run an Institute than act as an envoy; I had foolishly agreed with her.