Chapter 18- Good Deed = Kidnapping pt.1

"There was not much I could do, I couldn't bring myself to ask him, our past isn't a pleasant one." I commented as I watched as Magnus gelled his hair. When I had gotten back he had insisted on me joining him in his room as he got dressed and told him about my visit with Jace. 

"Seems dull, I wonder what our dear Alexander was up too, you wouldn't happen to have his number would you? I miss the Lightwood, he was easy on the eyes." Magnus spoke as he glanced at me through the mirror. 

I sighed and shook my head as I stood from my position on his bed and stood next to him. Picking up his eyeliner I wrote Alec's number on the mirror before handing him the stick and smiling at the shocked look on his face.

"Have fun I guess?" I questioned as I turned and got ready to leave his room.

"You could have told me!" He shouted and I laughed at his response. 

I stood in my closet once more, looking through the vast amounts of clothing and trying to decide what clothes to wear. I had spilled tea all over my dress and after having Magnus laugh at me and promptly remind me of karma, he, himself had spilled his wine on his shirt and thus we both headed to our rooms to change. 

I decided to wear something I normally never wore; a plain sage green short sleeved shirt paired with a white infinity scarf and a button coat with blue jeans and high brown leather boots. As I sat in front of my vanity and had undone my hair and brushed it out my phone began ringing. 

I frowned as I realized I had stopped carrying it with me the night I found out I no longer worked for the Clave but rather with them. I stood and walked to the bedside table and frowned at the unknown number before sliding the green button and pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned in a suspicious  tone.

"Jarolyn? It's me, Simon, I, uh, I just wanted to, uh, well uh," Simone fumbled over his words a large amount causing me to smile. I had sort of missed him and had wondered how he was doing and if he ever realized he was turning into a vampire.

"Hello Simon, how have you been?" I questioned as I stood and walked backed to my vanity and sat down as I laid the phone on the table top after putting it on speaker. 

"Well, I have the flu but that's not the point, the point is I'm suppose to meet Clary in Brooklyn and I, uh, well, uh, you were the only one who seemed, uh, nice?" Simon trailed off as I heard traffic on the other end, he must have been walking or the very least near traffic for it to be so loud.

"I thought you were done with the shadow world?" I questioned as I brushed through my hair.

"I was, I mean I am, just, uh, can you meet me? Before I get to Clary, I need to talk to you, about the last thing you said to me. So uh, can you."

"I'll be right there Simon," I replied in a quick tone as I hung up on him though I did feel bad about being rude. I quickly threw my hair up into a messy bun as I pocketed my phone and left my room.

"Magnus? I'm going,"

"Just go and come back." Magnus's shout caused me to stare at his closed door and I paused but otherwise moved on. I created a portal and focused on Simon and the way he felt when I had met him. 

Stepping through the portal with my eyes closed I appeared on a busy sidewalk just as a loud bus went roaring past, honking their horn. I opened my eyes and saw Simon, sickly pale, leaning against a building and kicking a stone to pass the time. I walked towards him, ignoring the urge to reprimand him for kicking the stone.

"Hello Simon! I'm sorry if I took so long," I trailed off as he stared at me in shock. I glanced at myself before looking at him with a curisou gaze. It was then that I realized that not only was I not wearing a dress or skirt but that my eyes were also cat-like and were now a seafoam color.