Chapter 19- Good Deed=Kidnapping pt.2

I could feel the handcuffs digging into my wrists and my steady heart beating in my chest.

 I sat in between Clary and Simon at a wooden table,with two werewolves sitting across from us. One was the Alpha, and while I hadn't paid much attention to what his name was I could sense that the second werewolf wasn't happy about this current predicament. 

The Alpha was trying to get Clary to tell him where the cup was and was growing angrier with each "I don't know,' Clary practically shouted at him. Simon sat next to me, his leg jerked upwards and he shifted in his seat, also trying to convince them Clary was telling the truth. 

I remained silent, judging how I was going to get out of this predicament without using magic, I didn't have my stele nor did I have my staff, Clary didn't have any weapons and not wanting to alert them to my status, I carried on hiding my magic and true nature. 

"What about you, shadowhunter you don't seem very talkative, anything you want to share?" The alpha sneered as I focused on his dull gray eyes. I didn't like many people or creatures, he, however managed to be on the small list of beings I didn't like.

"It's said that werewolves have impeccable hearing, often relying on that sense alone to locate their target or to tell when their victim is lying. In this case I'm starting to doubt that ability." 

I spoke in a calm tone as I maintained my level stare with him. A sinister grin formed on his lips as he let out a dry laugh.

"You're funny, like the mundane here, I like funny." The alpha spoke as two other werewolves walked behind Simon jerked him upwards. 

"Tell me where the cup is or the funny friend dies." The alpha spat as he pointed his gun towards Simon who was now standing in the middle of the run down restaurant. 

"She has already told you, she doesn't know where the cup is, but I do." I spoke as I rolled my shoulders and shifted in my seat. 

"And where would it be." He hissed as I felt everyone staring at me. 

"Let Simon and Clary go." I replied as I glanced at Clary and offered her a soft smile. 

"Take the mundane away, tie him up until we get what we want." The alpha ordered as the two werewolves dragged Simon off, Clary turning in her seat and screaming his name as he called out for her. 

I kept my gaze on the alpha who seemed like the type to not take no for an answer and despite my having lied to him I had to keep it up, regardless of the results of him catching me in the lie.

"Now, where was we?" He spoke as he leaned back and trained the gun on me, his finger dancing along the trigger as a thoughtful look crossed over his eyes. 

"Where you found us, there is a box hidden beneath the floorboards, the mortal cup is there. I found it the first night Clary and I met." I spoke.

"No! You can't tell them!" Clary shouted and I was grateful she had realized I was lying, I could only hope she wouldn't hint otherwise. 

"Send men back to the loft," The Alpha instructed and the second man left and we were left sitting across from the alpha. 

"You seem more willing to help, I admire that, shadowhunter what's your name?" The Alpha spoke as he altogether ignored Clary who was staring back to where they had taken Simon.

"Names are rather pointless, especially when the one  asking for one is holding a gun." I replied as I made sure to keep his attention away from Clary. I could tell she was getting close to freaking out but I had faith. 

I knew Alec would tell Jace and Izzy, I knew they would find us, if anything I knew Magnus at the very least would intervene, that was if he wasn't dealing with looking after warlocks who were still on the run.