Chapter 14: Goldie

You also looked outside to see Bonnie and Goldie riding horses towards the hidden castle. "It is them." You said. You smiled but was interrupted by the sound of a roar and the building seemed to shake. You both screamed and held each other. The shaking caused the walls to break, revealing the outside world. You searched for a way out, but nothing seem to catch your interest. "Goldie! Use your abilities!" Bonnie said. Goldie nodded and jumped from his horse. Goldie suddenly rose from the ground and floated up to you and BubbleJam. He grabbed you and BubbleJam and jumped off. Goldie floated down and placed BubbleJam with Bonnie and you with him. The four sped off as you heard an angry shout. "This isn't over! I will have my revenge!" Vincent shouted. You watched as the castle disappeared from your view before you sighed. "Thanks, you guys saved us at a perfect time." You said. "Well if Goldie wasn't in the library, none of us would have known you guys were gone." Bonnie said with a smile. You smiled to Goldie. "Why thank you Goldie." You said. Goldie seemed to blush. "Y-you're welcome." He stuttered a bit, but you didn't mind. "If we were in there any longer we would have been toasted." BubbleJam said with a sigh. "Yeah, he interrupted my chance to get a book I always wanted." You said with a frown. Goldie seemed to be digging in a bag before a pulled something out and handed it to you. You looked closely at the book and gasped. "You got it? Thanks again Goldie." You said smiling big. "You enjoy books too?" Bonnie asked. You nodded. "Of course, as Katrina Mayer always said, A book is a magical thing that lets you travel to far-away places without ever leaving your chair." You quoted. Goldie seemed to smile. "Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." Goldie said. You snapped your fingers. "Anna Quindlen." You said. Both you and Goldie laughed while BubbleJam and Bonnie stared at the two of you with shocked eyes. "Wow." Both said. You and Goldie continued to laugh a bit before sighing. "Never thought I'd see Goldie laugh like that." Bonnie chuckled. Goldie blushed a little while you giggled. "I like it, plus books are nice to read, a special entertainment." You said. Goldie shook his head with a smile. "I do agree, but I like art books, if that still counts that is." BubbleJam said. "I think it does." You said. "You are still expressing yourself in a book, illustrations is what most even add to the stories." Goldie said. "Sweet." BubbleJam said. "What about musical books with notes and song books?" Bonnie asked. You and Goldie looked at each other. "Yes." You both said. "How about-" "Yes!" You both interrupted them. "Anything you put that's in a cover and back is a book." You said. "Okay you book worms." BubbleJam said. You gagged. "Ew book worms usually eat the pages off of books." You said. Goldie nodded. Before long you reached the kingdom. The guards noticed and opened the gates. You all entered the kingdom as some cheered and clapped. Your mother and father walked up to you and BubbleJam before hugging you both. "Thank goodness you two are alright." Your mother said. "If it wasn't for Bonnie and Goldie we wouldn't be alright." You said. Your father looked to the two with a bow. "Thank you boys, you are becoming like your parents. "Thanks, but if it weren't for Goldie we wouldn't have noticed they were gone." Bonnie said nudging Goldie. Goldie blushed but bowed. "It the best I could do your majesty." Goldie said. You giggled lightly before looking to your mother. "I think we had enough craziness for today." You said. "Yeah, I need s cat nap from you and Goldie talking about books." BubbleJam said. You both giggled and began to laugh.