Chapter 7

It didn't take long before you found a dress that suited you. You nodded with a smile and took a quick shower. As you finished you put I. The dress. It was a (F/C) dress that flown down to your knees. You brushed your hair and looked at herself, doing a quick spin. 'Perfect.' You thought while examining yourself. A small knock came to the door. "The door is open." You called. The door opened to reveal your mother. "Hey sweetie, dinner is finished, are you ready?" She asked. You nodded. Your mother smiled as she looked at you closely. "Look at you, you look just like a princess." Your mother said. You shrugged and put your hands behind your back. "This is like a dream come true to me, I've always wanted to be a princess." You said. Your mother's eyes soften and she walked up to you before putting a hand on your shoulder. "And now you are, my little princess (Y/N)." She said kissing your forehead. You have a small laugh. "I'm not that little mother." You said. Your mother also laughed. "Well you used to be, just as small as a little kitten." You mother said. You smiled. "Now come along, dinner is ready, and we want to start your first day of the royal school tomorrow morning, if you like." Your mother said. "That's alright, I want to get an early head start on living here for the rest of my life." You said. Your mother smiled, but it soon disappeared. You gave her a concern look. "Mother, what's the matter?" You asked. Your mother gave you a sad smile before she looked down. "It is...just...your father and I...your first steps...first words...we have missed them all, if only that mad man have not been here, we would have seen you grow up." Your mother said. Her eyes seem to water a bit, as though she was going to cry. You were quick to take action and hugged her. "Mother, I'm here now, even if I've been gone for a bit, I still have a lot to learn, my first ball, my first...prince." You tried to joke. Your mother chuckled a bit before wiping her eyes. "Yes of course, now, shall we go to dinner?" Your mother asked. "Sure mother." You said. You both gave a small laugh before exiting out of the room. Dinner was something different from your adoptive parent's home. It was like a royal feast, but it was a regular dinner. Your parents talked about you becoming queen and how you had the choice to chose your prince, rather than to be forced to marry someone you don't love. Which filled you with happiness, not having to be forced to marry someone you don't love. Now you were back in your bedroom, getting ready for bed. You wore a (F/C) night gown and climbed into bed. Before you turned off the lights, you saw something glimmering on the night stand. You grabbed a hold of it and looked closely. It was a heart shaped golden locket. There was a note with it too. You took it and read it. 'Just wanted to give you a welcome gift, Father.' It said. You smiled and opened the locket before your eyes soften. It was a picture of your parents, it was probably after you were born and taken to your adoptive parents. Your mother was laying on you think a hospital bed, your father sitting beside her as she held your little form. You smiled and set it down before turning the lights off and falling asleep, not aware of someone watching you. The figure grinned. "Welcome home, Princess." He said before disappearing.