Final Chapter: Shade

You walked with your mother to the ballroom, already did you hear the sound of others talking and music playing. You smiled to yourself, you felt more confident then before. But you face soon turned red, 'What happens if Shade's there, wonder what he'll look like.' Your mother seemed to noticed and smiled, "Don't worry, just be calm, and have fun, alright?" You looked to your mother and nodded, "Yeah, maybe just a bit excited about this." "You'll get used to it, celebrations like these happen often." Your mother explained. You and your mother stopped at the door leading to the ballroom. You took a deep breath in and you both entered. Everything was quiet, it was like all the attention was interrupted and was now on you. You wore a black and purple dress, you loved how Shade made shadows look like objects and living creatures. You looked at your mother, in which she nodded with a smile. You smiled back and looked to the crowd, giving a bow. They all bowed and clapped before returning to their business. You sighed with a smile before feeling someone tap your shoulder, you looked to see Shade as your mother went to sit down next to your father, "Hi Shade, what's up?" Shade began to blush a bit, "U-um, I was wondering if, you would like to dance with me?" You gave a small chuckled and arm linked with him, "Sure Shade, I'm up for a dance." Shade blushed harder but smiled as you two walked to the middle of the ball room. You looked at the orchestra, as they looked to you, you gave them a wink with a nod. They nodded back and began to play (F/S). You and Shade waltzed around, people circling around you and watching as you two waltzed to the song. You leaned to his ear, "You're good at this." "Well so are you for someone who's never experienced being a princess." Shade whispered. You giggled and continued to dance with Shade. When the song ended you both bowed to each other, the crowd again clapping. Everyone huddled to their partners and danced while you and Shade exited away from the crowd. You saw BubbleJam and Bonnie and smiled, "Bubbles!" BubbleJam looked to you and smiled, "(N/N)!" You both hugged each other, BubbleJam looked at your dress, "That looks perfect! I'm not the only one who dressed to look like the person I like." Bonnie and Shade seemed to blush a bit, you looked between Bonnie and BubbleJam, "So, you a thing now?" The two blushed while you and Shade laughed, but Bonnie smirked, "What about you? You and my bro a thing now?" Now it was your turn to blush, as well as Shades, while BubbleJam and Bonnie laughed. You just playfully rolled your eyes, "Whatever guys, Shade, come to the balcony with me, I need to tell you something." Shade nodded and you two left the other two. You opened the door and closed it after Shade entered. You looked at Shade just as he looked at you, "So what was it that you wanted to talk about?" You smiled and paced around him slowly, "Well Shade, I wanted to talk about your abilities, they're really cool." Shade smiled, and without warning used his shadow to make a cat, it mewed and floated to you, nuzzling your cheek. You giggled as it disappeared, "How did you ever get these abilities?" "Kinda runs in the family, I got it from my mother's side." Shade said. You nodded and became silent, looking away from Shade. Shade's bunny ears twitches to see if have mumbled or so, but you didn't say a word. He was going to ask why before you spoke, "You know, we have unfinished business." Shade looked at you questionably, "What's tha-" You turned and kissed Shade, and this time in the lips. Shade blushed but kissed back, pulling you close. You both pulled away trying to catch your breath, you smiled, "Now it's finished, with a happy ending." Shade smiled while blushing crazy, "Y-yeah, just be glad I'm not a frog."