Final Chapter: Shadow

You walked with your mother to the ballroom, already did you hear the sound of others talking and music playing. You smiled to yourself, you felt more confident then before. But you face soon turned red, 'What happens if Shadow's there, wonder what he'll look like.' Your mother seemed to noticed and smiled, "Don't worry, just be calm, and have fun, alright?" You looked to your mother and nodded, "Yeah, maybe just a bit excited about this." "You'll get used to it, celebrations like these happen often." Your mother explained. You and your mother stopped at the door leading to the ballroom. You took a deep breath in and you both entered. Everything was quiet, it was like all the attention was interrupted and was now on you. You wore a dark purple dress, reminding you of Shadow's abilities that caught your interests. You gave a small bow as everyone else followed before you decided to walk down the stairs. You looked around, searching for Shadow, but you couldn't search for him. You frowned before feeling someone tap on your should, making jump and look back. You gave a sigh of relief when you realized it was Shadow, "You gave me a scare there." Shadow chuckled, "Sorry, thought that I could joke for a bit." You shook your head with a smile, "Oh Shadow I don't know how you do it." Shadow gave you a toothy smile, "Nothing to it, unless you're me, the handsome devil." You gave a giggle, "Oh really?" "Yes, and would the beautiful goddess like to dance with the handsome devil?" Shadow asked offering a hand. You blushed but smiled and took it, "Why yes, yes indeed." Shadow took you to the dance floor, holding your hand and waist. You held his hand and shoulder, and the two of you began to waltz through the song. You continued to dance, but you took a quick glance to see BubbleJam and Bonnie also waltzing. BubbleJam also took a glance at you before giving a big smile and pointing to Bonnie and Shadow. You smiled back and gave her a wink before continuing dancing with Shadow. The song ended and the two of you parted, giving each other a bow. Shadow smiled, "Well, never thought someone who is new to being a princess would have waltz like a professional." You rolled your eyes, "Never thought someone who pulled pranks could have such a way with women." Shadow blushed and laughed while scratching the back of his neck, "W-well, Freddy was the Mama's boy, but our mother usually taught me her ways." You gave a small smile, "That's very nice of her." Shadow nodded before grabbing your hand and dragged you to the balcony outside of the castle. You looked up to the sky in aw, "It's so beautiful, I've never had this much view of the stars back with my adoptable parents." You suddenly gave a sigh, Shadow noticed your tone, "Hey, you okay?" You looked at Shadow before looking down, "Do you think, I'll make a good Queen, I mean, I'm new to this whole princess thing and already have I been captured so easily, I don't think I'll ever make a good Queen, even a princess." "Hey..." Shadow said lifting your head up to face him, "I think you'll make the best Queen in this kingdom, don't let some, wizard or whatever kidnapping you thing bother you, that happens to every princess, you'll be okay, I promise." You looked into his eyes, "Really, you think so?" "I know so, have I ever been wrong?" Shadow said with a smile, you chuckled, "I don't know have you?" "Okay maybe a little, but there's one thing I'm right about myself." "Really what's that?" "This." Shadow pulled you into a kiss, you smiled and kissed back. The two of you pulled away before Shadow smiled, "I knew you were a good kisser." You playfully punched his arm with a smile, "I was also right myself on one thing, you are such a dork!"