Chapter 18

The shopping took longer than you had expected, finding a dress was even harder. You just couldn't find the right dress, some were too pink and puffy like a 6 year old little girl pretending to be a princess. You groaned with frustration, "I'll never find the perfect dress." BubbleJam was searching through the dresses before looking over to you, "Never say never (Y/N), just keep looking." "But it's like...holly moly it's 2 o clock in the afternoon!" You said looking at the time. BubbleJam sighed, "Just keep looking, I'm sure there's something that will catch your interest." You gave BubbleJam a look before continuing looking for a dress. You walked around more, looking for a perfect dress, when you felt someone tap your shoulder. You looked behind to see the store clerk, she seemed like an elder type of woman, she was human, but she didn't seem to judge nekos not one bit. She gave you a smile, "You must be the returning princess (Y/N), am I correct?" You nodded and gave her a smile, "Yes, but please, just call me (Y/N), no need for titles." "Ah, you remind me of your mother, she was never the type to act like a princess when she was your age, I am Donna, I think I know what you're looking for, come come." Donna assured you. You followed her as she unlocked a door and opened it, she walked inside and came out with a dress. Your eyes widen and mouth dropped. It was the perfect, it looked like it could fit you well too, surely you wanted to surprise everyone tonight about it. You smiled big, "It's perfect! How much would it cost?" Donna gave a small laugh, "It is on me, you just go and enjoy your ball." You frown, "Oh I couldn't possibly taken this offer." "I know, your mother said the same thing. But I insist. No take backs." Donna said with a smile. You smiled back gave a small nod, "Thank you Donna, I owe you one." "Anytime dear, just spread the word that I'm the best shop there is." Donna said with a small laugh, making you also laugh. Donna wrapped the dress up in a box and gave it to you. You walked over to BubbleJam who seemed to be having trouble carrying a pile of dresses. You rolled your eyes, "BubbleJam I found a dress." BubbleJam dropped all the dresses on a chair and smiled, "Great! Can I see it?" "Ah ah. It's a surprise.~" You sang. BubbleJam whined but you two continued to look for accessories. After all that, you two dropped the things off, BubbleJam said she had to go back to her castle to get ready for the ball. You had to do the same. You took a long shower to pass time, put the dress and accessories on, and did your make and hair. You were looking yourself in the mirror, feeling like you were missing something when the sound of knocking came to your door, "Come in." The door opens to reveal your mother. Your mother's eyes widen at the sight of you, "Oh my gracious, you look, beautiful." You have a small smile as your mother walked in and closed the door. She held a box in her hands, "What's that?" Your mother smiled and had your sit down in front of the mirror. She opened the box and pulled a diamond tiara out, placing it on your head. That's not the only thing she did, she put a necklace around your neck. It was a golden heart shaped locket. You gasped a bit as you opened the locket, revealing a picture of you as a baby, and your parents, before you were taken to the land of humans, "M-mother, it's perfect, thank you." Your mother gave you a hug, "Thank you, you are the best hope your mother and I could ever have. I'm so proud of you." You both stayed like that for a bit before breaking away. Your mother smiled, "Let's go, the ball has just begun.