Chapter. 19 ~ From Technical To Unwanted Kisses

"You're on in three", one of the guys said.

I nodded.

"Ready?", Zachary asked from beside me.

I nodded and fidgeted with my skirt.

''Don't worry, you'll do great."

Zachary was dressed in a black tights, black leotard and baby blue blazer. The man kind, he didn't look gay, just so you know.

"Funny, Skylar told me the same thing before I performed on a pole." I muttered.

"I'm sorry- What?"

I flushed, "Um...nothing."

He looked at me weirdly but let it go, since we were now being called on the stage.

Gracefully, both zachary and I walked onto the stage and took our places.

The music started to play and we glided to the beat.

For some reason, I felt disappointed that it wasn't Skylar that had his hands around my wraist, that it wasn't Skylar's shoulders that my hands were on, that it wasn't Skylar sharing this moment with me, the person I was doing something I love with, but it wasn't, it was Zachary, my friend. Friend. Skylar and I were friends.

Damn, I need to stop thinking about him and focus on this dance.

Yeah, I admit, having a crush on Skylar has entered my mind as a possibility. But I always discard the matter.

I mean, I can hardly decipher what to eat for breakfast, much less if I have a crush on a guy. A guy I once stereotyped as a bad boy, cause of his clothing and status in school (even though I never noticed him there). But then again, maybe he is bad, he did steal from a crazy psychopath.

Then, he's been gone off the radar for about 2 weeks, if that doesn't scream shady, I don't know what would.

Zachary brought me back to reality when he dipped me.

Tonight was everything I expected, nothing I wanted, everything I didn't expected all in one.

Expectations. We all have to live up to those, whether we want to or not. Its kinda like being forced into an arranged marriage, and being pushed into jail, not getting out, no matter how much you try to twist and turn your way out.

I expected a standing ovation, I got that. I wanted Skylar to be here, I didn't get that. I didn't expect Zachary to kiss me, right on stage, after our performance, in front of everybody, but that didn't stop it from happening.

Yeah, I know I called him hot, and secretly prayed for him to be straight, but those were just girlish hormones talking, I didn't actually expect that to happen.

Now It did, and honestly, I felt weird.

Zachary finally bought me back up from my lowered position.

"You okay?"

I nodded.

He smiled then turned to bow.

I meant to too, but instead, I mindlessly wondered off the stage.

Zachary kissed me.

In front of my parents.

And I didn't like it.

ZACHARY KISSED ME INFRONT OF MY PARENTS AND I DIDN'T LIKE IT!

Shit, shit, shitidy shit!

"Ali!"

I spun around to face zachary.

"Huh?"

"You good?"

"Yes."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"If it is about the kis-"

"Its fine", not its not!, "I'm tired, I-Im going to go home"

He nodded. "Want a ride?"

"Oh, no. My parents are here."

"Oh, well, ummm, bye." He said, I could tell he's uncomfortable.

"Bye, zachary." With that I walked off.

I had to squeeze my way through a bunch of people who couldn't care less if I was a proformer or not.

Oh how loved I feel.

Sarcasm, people. Sarcasm.

My family were all waiting outside for me in the parking lot.

Dad came up to me with a bouquet of roses.

"Beautiful performance. SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!"

I laughed. "Dad.... I didn't even win, results aren't out till Monday.."

"Well I don't care! You were amazing, and I'm sure you'll win, even if you don't, who cares! They suck for not noticing how talented my baby girl is!", he kissed my forehead, "Plus, you're a winner in my eyes."

I smiled and hugged dad.

"Don't think I didn't saw that kiss, don't worry about me, it's your mother you need to explain to", dad whispered in my ears.

I'm pretty sure my eyes were fully dilated.

Oh shit.

"Stop spoiling her, James", gran said pushing dad away.

"Wonderful. If I knew you were so good, I would've never been against it in the first place."

"Um, thanks for the compliment??"

"Sure thing, darling", gran replied, not even sensing my uncertainty.

Mom came up to me next.

She through her arms around me and rocked me side to side.

It was an weird hug.

Just when she was about to pull away, she whispered in my ear.

"We'll talk about that kiss later"

Well damn.

~•'•'•~•|

Yeah, yeah, sucky chappy I know.

I literally winced writing this chapter.

So.....sorry for the suckiness😕

Btw, what do you think about the kiss?????????????

~casi😊