Chapter 33

-Jack POV-

"You look nervous." I said to Hannah as she sat at her vanity table and did her makeup.

Hannah shivered. "I'm okay."

I was always the one who was affected by what Kimberly was doing. I was always the one upset and needed Hannah to comfort me. But this time she was hurting more.

I slid my arms around her shoulders and kissed her head softly. Her hair smelled like cinnamon. I closed my eyes and held her.

"I'm so angry with myself." Hannah said quietly. "Finn told me how Kim felt like she didn't even want to come home."

"She's a teen, she's gonna be a rebel now and again." I assured Hannah.

Hannah moved out of my arms and stood up to face me. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"I think she wants to stay with Hayes now." Hannah said seriously and those very words cut into my mind like ice.

"What?" I was confused.

"Kim has been put through so much at the rehab and the only place she wanted to be was with Hayes. I mean doesn't that say enough?"

"She just needed space, Hannah." I said but I didn't know. "That's all and it had nothing to do with Hayes."

Hannah shook her head. "You said I hide stuff away from you and that it's selfish but...you don't want the truth Jack."

Hannah walked away into the bath room leaving me to figure out what she had meant. I followed her.

"You wanna believe that Kim is still five years old." Hannah went on. "You need to stop."

"Look at you." I chuckled. "Finally speaking your mind."

Hannah folded her arms. "You think this is a joke Jack?"

I hid a smirk. "No, I just think its hot when you get all worked up."

"You're impossible." Hannah blushed and punched my arm. I gripped her hand and pulled her closer. She buried her face in my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Whatever happens, I'm here for you and the kids baby." I said and kissed Hannah's forehead. "And Kim's gonna be okay."

Hannah nodded and held onto me tighter. It made me feel good inside that she needed me so much. Because I needed her too.

-

"They're coming." Brielle said. She was excited to see her best friend but everyone was filled with dread.

I wasn't nervous, I just wanted to see my daughter and know what she was thinking. I even forgot how she looked but I had her baby face in my mind. Everyone went on talking and laughing naturally - Matt was on the barbeque.

Hannah didn't want the younger kids here so Logan and Isabella were at Ari hanging out with Sophia. But Johnson was here for Kim's support.

"Hey everyone." Hayes said as he walked in with Kim following behind him. We all turned to him. He was holding Kim's hand protectively.

I didn't like it.

Kim looked around with a certain expression on her beautiful face. She held onto Hayes like she only trusted him. They looked like they had been together for a long time. The thought of Kim at his house made me cringe.

"Honey." Hannah rushed to Kim and hugged her. Hayes let go reluctantly but had his eyes on Kim. Kim hugged back. "We missed you so much."

Kim didn't say anything but held her mother back tightly. Her eyes were closed but she was crying. Hannah pulled away just I surveyed Kim and noticed the marks over my daughters hands and neck.