Chapter 1: Astrid's Hand

(WARNING: This story is UNEDITED and was created FOUR years ago. If you plan to read on, please note that it is slightly immature. Thank you.)

•=^Hiccup's POV^=•

A few vikings asked for some saddles for all the dragons in Berk now that they agreed on using them for transportation when they're doing their work, so Astrid and I looked for materials. I'm glad about that, because they can do their work easily. Me and my friends usually do the tasks around here.

"Hiccup, what if we only looked for nice cloth in the forest?" Astrid asks.

(Now IDK why they'd look for cloth IN THE FOREST but I was desperate at the time I wrote this so IDEK ANYMORE LOLOL)

"Good Idea! Let's go." We jumped on our dragons and flew to the forest. Astrid rushed to a little bush. There was a stack of mysterious sheep wool in the little bush.

"Oh! Perfect!!!" Astrid attempted to grab the wool placed on the bottom of the bush, only to get herself pricked by thorns.

"OUCH!"

I ran to her nervously.

"Wh- what happened!?"

"Thorns. I didn't see them. But we have to get that sheep wool on the bottom!"

"Sheep wool... Astrid listen, your safety is more important than wool! C'mon we gotta go now. Those thorns MIGHT be poisonous!" I grabbed her arm and led her to Toothless. She can't fly while she's slightly injured.

(I bet she can, Hiccup. )

She sat on the back and I was in the front.
She told Stormfly to follow.  Her was bleeding really bad. I needed to get to Berk fast. We arrived five minutes early.
I held Astrid's hand and checked out if it turned purple and thank beard It wasn't. I let her over to my house and let her rest on my bed while I looked for healing leaves.

I found some in our cupboards and went upstairs afterwards.

"Are you okay?" I asked Astrid.

"I'm fine. I was just hurrying so I didn't see the thorns. Sorry 'bout that." She says while looking down.

"Nah, don't sweat it. It's ok." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

I crushed the leaves and put some on her hand.

"Does it hurt?" I ask her.

"No, it's okay. It's kind of refreshing. Um, how are we going to find materials to use now? The vikings might get......"

"I'll take care of it. I won't even sleep unless I finish 15 of those saddles needed."

"We need 30 saddles Hiccup, it's impossible for you to finish all 30 saddles. Let me help."

"Your injured. I can't let you. Your hand hasn't even healed yet and besides, I'll ask the others to help me. Go get some rest." Before I could leave, but she called me.

"Hey Hiccup?"

"Huh?"

"Thanks. A lot."

"Sure. Sleep well, Astrid."

"Okay."

I went downstairs feeling happy and relieved. We're not sure if people are planning to sabotage us, so we're not letting out guard down. Enemies could be anywhere. I'm just glad Astrid is okay. I went back downstairs and saw Toothless and dad come in.

"Hiccup! You left Toothless outside?"

"Oh, sorry dad. Astrid's upstairs sleeping."

"Why?"

"Dad, her hand is bleeding really bad cause of some mysterious thorns. In a bush. It might be sabotage."

"Son, that's why you have to be extra careful around here." Stoick took a breath before speaking again. "Okay then. Well, don't forget your dragon, alright?"

"I didn't forget Toothless, dad. I couldn't."

"Okay son, you could just sleep here downstairs." I nodded and went upstairs to get some blankets and a pillow.
I walked in slowly and looked under the bed. I hurried downstairs and placed the blankets on the floor.

----

Please note that this story is OLD and unedited. If you just started to read this, I advise you to prepare for the amount of cringe you'll feel.