✈thirty-three✈

"That was a very emotional yet empowering speech from the president, or former president, should I say, of news gathering. And now, please put your hands together for the husband and wife-to be, Rachel and Anderson!"

"Thank you. First, to my Uncle Pete, thank you for being such a humble person to admit mistakes, and I guarantee you that I forgive you. I'm happy for you and I look forward to your future career. To the squad, thank you for being there for the past 5 years with us, the fun, tears and the times we stood by each other, I'll never forget that. To my future husband, Anderson, I'd like to thank you for being such an understanding and loving person to me. I'd never thought I'd be this happy now that we are almost settling down for good. I love you so much. To my mom, Claire, and my dad, Richard, thank you for letting me follow what I love, and for all the good times we shared. To God, I thank You for this wonderful gift. It's been the best gift of my life."

Anderson sighed, and started speaking.

"To my mom, Elena, thank you for being a great mother to me despite all the tragedies that happened. To the squad, thank you for accepting me into your life. I will always remember the memories we all shared. To the love of my life, Rachel, thank you for being there for me, I will promise to love you until the day I die. To God, who guides us through it all, we owe it all to You."

Everyone clapped and afterwards, they started eating.

"What did he say?" Lynn asked, munching up the pasta she liked and sipping iced tea afterwards. "It doesn't make sense. It's like...ugh! I don't know."

"I don't know too, but what he said earlier just can't be true!" Chloe exclaimed, clamping her hand against the table. "Now tell me, Rachel. Is that real? What he said?"

She kept silent. She was scared to tell them about that.

"It...it's not." She was very reluctant to say it to them but it was the best way to get away with the topic. But unfortunately, they all saw it coming.

"Oh? Why was your name mentioned?" Chloe asked once again.

This is bad, Rachel thought.

"Uh...uhm...uh...that was another Rachel! It...it's not me!" she claimed. No, it's me, Chloe. I just don't have the guts to say it to you.

"Is that so?" Chloe grilled her again.

"Chloe, I think there are some things better left unsaid," Anderson interrupted. He was about to lose his cool, but he managed to calm down for Rachel's sake.

"I guess so. I'm so sorry, Rachel. I was just curious," she shook her head and ate her triple chocolate cake.

Rachel's definitely hiding something from us, Chloe thought. Whatever may it be, I'll still be here for her. No matter what.

"And now, we congratulate Anderson and Rachel for being strong and closely-knit and for being true to their profession."

Everyone clapped and looked at them. But Rachel had noticed something.

Peter wasn't there.

And then suddenly, she sprinted her way out to the parking lot, where she saw Peter driving away with his car.

I'm so sorry, Rachel. I'm sorry.

"No matter what happens, you will always be a part of my heart, Uncle Pete," she muttered to herself.

His car drifted away from her eyes as she heard their footsteps coming their way.

"H-hey! A-are you okay?!" Lynn asked.

"Now you know."