✈epilogue✈

They saw Anderson being escorted by the police.

"I know I may be innocent, but I still blame myself for all that happened. I will take all the responsibility," he said.

"We all promise to bring that guy down for you, and for Rachel," Chloe said, and he walked away with the police.

"Uhm...do you have some...jackets...or any clothing that hides my face from everyone?" he asked them. The police officer to his left gave him a black hoodie, while the one in front of him gave him a face mask and sunglasses.

"That must be enough," the man in front said. "Wait...aren't you Anderson Cooper from WLAC?"

"Shhhhhh," he said. "That's why I'm hiding myself. Security reasons."

"Okay, I think that's much better than your face being shown," he said, looking at him eye-to-eye.

I'm scared...I wonder what they'll say to me, Anderson thought. Now that his face is beyond recognition, and his voice muffled, he feels a lot more better now. Though he's not the one who killed his future wife, he took all responsibility for it.

A few months later after he was taken into custody, he decided to do an interview with Victoria.

VC: Rachel Adams was killed in a car accident three months ago. Every single one of her friends can't believe what happened to her, even this man, which is currently serving a three-year sentence. She was about to be married to this man two months ago before she died. This man kept on blaming himself for Rachel's passing. He decided to speak out to let you hear his side of the story. For security reasons, we will not show his face and alter his voice.

"Brian": It just keeps on haunting me. I should've stopped her.

VC: Brian, not his real name, was about to be married to Rachel Adams months before her tragic passing. He had a huge amount of regret for what happened.

B: If I only acted much more faster than I was that day, she shouldn't have died.

SS: It was like his heart broke to a thousand pieces. He knows he will never ever see her again.

VC: Sara Simpson was one of Rachel's closest friends. She recounts her bravery and passion for work.

SS: I remember when she got word that Elysse has been raped by her former president. She urged her to do an interview with her and Elysse did. She was just brave. She's a fearless person.

VC: Perhaps one of her most memorable moments was her interview with Elysse Smith regarding the rape incident in Detroit.

SS: I remember her saying to Elysse, "Hearing all of this, you must not keep this inside. I'll do the interview myself, so that you won't be scared."

B: She was a fun person to be with. I just...I so miss her right now. I wish she hadn't died. If it wasn't for me, she should've been alive...she should've been her same self...she would be on the anchor chair at 8pm...she would still be here.

VC: Victoria Carter, WLAC, New York.

That was one of the most emotional interview they ever had. They all missed her so much, especially him [Anderson]. Vicky hugged him tight and left.

His thoughts came back again. He was blaming himself once again.

"I killed her. I killed her. I killed her...why?!"

He screamed in pain as he fell unconscious inside his cell.

No one heard his cries. It was a dark night outside, and all the people were sleeping.

"I KILLED HER! WHYYYY?!"

He was getting paranoid. He was out of his mind.

"HELP ME! HELP!"

Then an officer who just happens to pass by saw him, desperate to live.

His lips were white, his skin pale and he can barely move his body.

"H-hey....he-help me..."

But the officer just walked away past him. He crawled toward the cell bars to somehow make a sound.

It unfortunately didn't work.

"P-please...don't let...me...die...here..."

And he breathed his last breath.