Chapter Two

__________________________________________

Over the course of seven years, Lydia's kingdom was greeted each and every morning by the sound of her alarm clock buzzing.  In the life of Lydia Martin, once her alarm clock went off her day began immediately. She would quickly get out of bed and get dressed for school.  Before she left for school, Lydia cooked breakfast for Victoria and the girls. Making breakfast for the four of them was like ordering a really fancy and specific coffee that only made the barista hate the customer along with their job.  Lydia was the barista in this case. Besides preparing breakfast, Lydia would clean their dirty dishes and make their beds in the morning, just before she headed out the door.

On schooldays, Allison would pick Lydia up and drive the two of them to school.  It was quality time for the two of them.  Although Lydia and her sisters owned their own cars, Lydia refused to drive her shoddy car.  It was a safety hazard because half the time it wouldn't start, or it would sporadically stall in the street, resulting in the car being left in the garage to rot away. Allison became her driver from then on, coming every morning at seven twenty-five, giving Lydia an ample amount of time to do her morning chores.  Lydia grabbed her navy blue school bag and darted out the door before Victoria would order her around anymore.

However, this morning Victoria spotted Lydia exiting the house and chased after her as Lydia walked down the driveway. 

Lydia opened Allison's car door, "don't you look cute today! You always try for school while I on the other hand just show up to learn," Lydia admired while Allison let out a chuckle. Allison was wearing an olive green romper with black stockings, her hair was in a milkmaid braid, and she was wearing black leather knee high boots that matched perfectly with her leather jacket.

"Thank you! But oh please you look fine! As gorgeous as ever," Allison insisted. Lydia appreciated her friend's compliment but knew that her outfit wasn't the greatest or the most expensive. Victoria always bought Lydia cheap clothes, detouring her away from expensive stores. Victoria and the girls told Lydia that the bargain stores suited Lydia's body type better, so Lydia's wardrobe was smaller than most. Today, Lydia came to school with her hair in a ponytail like usual, a pair of dark wash jeans, a white long sleeve, converse, and an assortment of spring colors mixed in her scarf.

"OH, LYDIA!" Victoria hollered interrupting the girl's conversation. Allison was pulling out of the Martin's driveway but stopped once Victoria beckoned for Lydia.

"Here comes Bitchtoria coming out of hibernation," Allison muttered "RAWR!" Allison gave her best impersonation of an angry bear while moving her palms in the air like a bear waves its claws. Lydia put her hand to her mouth trying to refrain from laughing.

Allison rolled down her window as Victoria came to the driver's side.  "Allison," Victoria rolled her eyes at Lydia's friend. 

"Victoria, don't you look as lovely as ever! I love the work you have gotten done it really diminishes those wrinkles and defeats the whole purpose of aging," Allison sarcastically stated.  Allison plastered a fake grin on her face,  causing her face to wrinkle. Victoria gave Allison a soft smile, trying to avoid any more conversation with the gabby brunette.

"Lydia, I was wondering if you could maybe sleepover Allison's tonight because the triplets are having a sleepover tonight and they don't want you to listen in on their conversations.  So I am going to be nice and allow you to hang out at Allison's.  If it's alright with Allison?"  Victoria said while looking at Lydia. 

Allison smiled and replied, "of course it's fine.  I can drop you off after school to pick up your things and then you will be out of Victoria and the girls' way, because after all Lydia sure is a troublemaker," Allison nudged Victoria hard enough for her to feel a little amount of pain, and Allison played it off as if she were joking, which was priceless in Lydia's mind.