Chapter Ten

__________________________________________

Saturday afternoon along with Sunday passed by quicker than usual for both Stiles and Lydia, leaving Monday to come in with no warning what so ever.

Monday could be described as a blur. Everything was happening on Monday, it was quite eventful.

Stiles, Scott, and Isaac arrived to school unusually early on Monday.  Isaac caught a ride from Stiles while Scott drove his dirt bike to school.  Once both vehicles were parked outside Isaac exited the Jeep, shutting the door in one swift motion.   Stiles remained in the driver seat not necessarily staring, but thinking about how he was going to find this girl.  He was determined now more than ever.

Scott and Isaac led their somewhat heartbroken and anxious friend to the main office to convince the principal who just so happened to be Allison's grandpa to make an announcement on the loud speaker.

Principal Argent was signing paperwork when the three boys.  "Hello, boys.  How is my favorite class president doing?" Principal Argent directed his question to Stiles after greeting them..

"I'm doing good, sir.  I was just wondering if we could make an announcement today?"  Stiles replied. 

"Will your boys announcement be scandalous, rude, inappropriate or ruin a student's life?"  Principal Argent asked, with a wary look in his eyes. 

"I can assure you, sir that I nor any of my friends would ever take advantage of saying something inappropriate over the loudspeaker. We would just like to make an announcement that we found a phone at the Masquerade on Friday and we would like to return it,"  Stiles explained.

"Then your announcement won't be necessary then, Mr. Stilinski. You can just put the phone in the lost and found for the rightful owner to claim," Principal Argent informed, gesturing towards the lost and found bin.  He then held the plastic bin in front of him and waited for Stiles to put the phone in.

"Sorry, sir, but I would like to return it to her in person. Besides have you met some of the teenagers in our school?   They would just end up stealing it and sell it or even hack into it.  So I was hoping to hold onto it for the time being."  Isaac and Scott stood behind Stiles so they were in somewhat of a triangle formation and nodded their heads nonchalantly, which only persuaded Principal Argent that it would be best if Stiles returned the phone in person.

"I guess that will do.  You can make your announcement once the bell rings, but only one person has to make the announcement so your two sidekicks, Mr. McCall and Mr. Lahey will have to go to class,"  Principal Argent stated.  Stiles nodded and shook the Principal Argent's hand vigorously.  "Is there anything else I can do?"

"We were actually wondering if we could find the person that the phone belongs to at lunch also.  If that's all right with you, of course?"  Stiles said awaiting approval.

"Of course, if you promise you and your teammates will bring home that state title for our good ole' Beacon Hills Cyclones in three weeks," he playfully joked, nudging Stiles in the arm.  "Let's go Cyclones!"  Principal Argent cheered as he pumped his fist in the air.

Principal Argent returned to his office after notifying his secretary of Stiles making an announcement that morning.

Isaac and Scott said their goodbyes to their friend while Stiles took a seat in one of the waiting chairs.  Stiles knee bobbled up and down like the fishing bobber on a fishing rod does once a fish takes a bite on the lure.  He rubbed his clammy palms up and down his thighs, his teeth chattered nonstop, and once he finally stopped bobbling his knee he started to tap his foot repeatedly on the rugged gray carpet. After the countless number of assemblies, club meetings, and lacrosse banquets he spoke at this was the first time that Stiles was truly nervous to speak in front of the school.