Chapter Six

__________________________________________

It was Thursday during the girl's lunch period.  Allison and Lydia sat at their usual lunch table near the entrance, so they could evacuate the cafeteria before everyone raced to get out.  Lydia and Allison's conversation today was all about Scott and Allison and the dance.  However, Lydia unenthusiastically responded and commented on topics revolving around the dance on Friday.  She twiddled her fork in her pasta bowl as Allison rambled on about how much fun it would be for her to have her best friend around one arm and her date on the other.  Until Lydia broke.  She couldn't take it anymore.  All of Allison's plans on what to do before and after the dance overflowed her in an instant and she told her.  Flat out told her.  "I'm not going to the dance tomorrow!"  Lydia divulged as she tossed her fork back into the bowl releasing her grasp and shrank down in her chair after realizing what she told her.

Allison furrowed a brow in confusion.  "What do you mean you are not going to the dance on Friday?" Allison asked.

"Well, Allison when you live in a household with Bitchtoria and the three conniving stepsisters then you will understand," Lydia snapped back, before standing up from her seat and heading towards the trashcan to dispose of the remnants of her lunch.  Allison followed her best friend to try and apologize for her behavior and the situation as the strawberry blonde sauntered away.  Lydia was wearing a striped shirt tucked into her dark blue denim skirt, black stockings, knee-high black boots. 

"Oh, Lydia.  I'm so sorry," Allison said before she was interrupted by Lydia.

Lydia spun around on her heel to face the tall brunette, looking up at her.  "It's not your fault!  If anything you made me happy."  Allison slid a somewhat of a grin on her face, but overall just sighed in sadness.  Lydia brushed her hand against Allison's shoulder and continued,  "Really.  You gave me a nice outing full of banter and other nonsense.  That is more than I could have ever asked for."

Allison sympathetically smiled, but she knew Lydia was just pretending.  "Seriously?  Because I don't buy it."  Allison crossed her arms.

"I'd buy it.  Sure it stinks that I can't go and you can, but I'm fine really.  After all, I have the social skills of a dust-bunny underneath Cora's bed,"  Lydia laughed at her own comment while Allison stood crinkling her face up, completely and utterly confused.  She knew her friend was kidding and didn't have a tendency to admit things that easy, but gave up her attempts to get the truth out of Lydia and sighed. "Now if it's okay with you I am going to throw out my trash and I'll meet you back at the table.  Okay?"  Lydia asked giving Allison a fake smile.

Allison nodded and returned to her seat.  She placed her elbow on the table so her head could rest on her palm in silence.  When Allison was silent she would scrunch up her face and purse her lips out of boredom.  However when Allison was bored thoughts stirred in her head, and once her mind was spinning with a countless number of notes, ideas, and song lyrics, her imagination would soon go wild and transport her to another place.  That's when a lightbulb turned on.

Lydia returned to her seat across from Allison and slapped her arm which caused Allison to slam her elbow back onto the table and let out a pathetic whimper noise.  Allison rubbed her arm,  "what the hell was that for?"

"What do you mean what the hell was that for?" Lydia mimicked in a harsh tone.  "You had your thinking face on and when you have your thinking face on we usually end up getting into trouble.  Allison Marie Argent, you better tell me!"  Lydia wagged her finger in Allison's face back-and-forth.

Allison rolled her eyes and took a sip from her water.  "I don't know what you are talking about," she said slyly with a smirk.  Lydia knew that it was definitely something because Allison doesn't just make her thinking face for just anything, only for when she is contemplating or formulating something in that weird and eccentric brain of her's.