Chapter Seventeen

__________________________________________   

Lydia was balling her eyes out in the smelly bathroom stall, to be alone.  She was done with it all.  She didn't get into her dream college and would end up working for Victoria for the rest of the course of her life.  The Stiles' situation couldn't make her any more depressed and over emotional than she already was.  However, the Jenga block that knocked down her unstable tower was the laughing, the teasing, and the whispers.  That was the block that tumbled the already wobbling structure of Lydia's life.

After searching for Lydia for a few minutes, Allison and Kira found Lydia crying in a locked bathroom stall, sniffing her nose into a ball of toilet paper.  Allison peeped through the small crevice between the door and the wall, seeing Lydia wiping her face with toilet paper.  Kira gently knocked on the door and soothingly said, "I know you're in there, Lydia.  Please open up the door."  

The door remained closed, but the whimpers continued.  Kira gave a quick "say something" face and Allison did just that.  "L, you don't have to make this difficult just open the door."  Nothing happened, Allison pouted before trying once more.  "If you don't open up the stall, Lydia, I'll crawl underneath the door to talk to you.  Then you can be the one to explain to my Dad how I got HIV," Allison joked.  However, Lydia wasn't in the comical mood, and the door stayed shut.

"Allison, don't you understand,  I don't want to.  I don't want anyone to pity me or feel sympathy because I brought this upon myself.  The endless taunting from Jackson, Malia, and other people aren't the ones to blame.  I did this to myself.  I'm the one that ruined my friendship with Stiles, and I'm the one that embarrassed myself in front of the entire English class, by having a full on meltdown."  Lydia sniveled as she tried to get all of her words out.

"Don't blame yourself, Lydia,"  Allison told her.  "I'm the one that came up with the scheme, not you.  If anything it's my fault, but it's not.  Everyone in this school should just mind their own business and stop giving you a hard time because you did absolutely nothing wrong and it doesn't concern them.  If you're going to blame anyone just blame Bitchtoria or your heinous sister, Malia, who is the reincarnation of the devil."  

"You may have come up with the plan, but I'm the one who agreed to it.  So, therefore, the blame falls on me," Lydia exclaims as she weeps once more.  

Allison pressed her back off of the bathroom door, sighing because of the troubles her best friend was facing that she didn't know how to fix.  So she decided that it was time to throw in the towel because she didn't know what else she could say to coax her best friend to come out of her metaphoric tower.  Allison turned to Kira, hoping she was better at consoling people than she was.  However, Kira's brain had other ideas, and a lightbulb suddenly flickered inside her head.  She yanked Allison with her out of the bathroom, to find Scott leaning against the wall next to the entrance.  He took a quick head count to realize that Lydia wasn't with them.  "Where's Lydia?"

"She's feeling sorry for herself when she shouldn't even be sorry, so she locked herself in the filthy bathroom stall to wipe her nose with toilet paper while reading the dirty gossip on the door.  Oh, and did I mention she's whimpering like a puppy that broke its leg.  In a way I'm like Lydia's owner, trying to care for my pet while douche heads like Jackson and Malia are breaking my puppy's limbs.  And that's just not cool.  They shouldn't be able to hurt my puppy.  They, shouldn't even be allowed near my precious puppy."  Allison exclaimed, earning a brief side hug from Kira to cool her down from her ranting.  "So, Kira, what did you want to talk about?"