Chapter Twelve

__________________________________________

The great thing about Mondays is that they are always followed by Tuesdays. This means that you are one day closer to Friday.  Friday was the day Stiles' was anxiously waiting for. After the "accident" that occurred last night Stiles was practically forced to catch a ride from Malia to school today. In fact he would be riding to school with Malia for the next couple of days, because he honestly didn't want to have to take the bus. Taking the bus meant that Stiles would have to wake up earlier then he had to, deal with the chaos and unknown stenches that still haven't even been identified yet, which made catching a ride with Malia the better option. Although Malia is not the nicest person Stiles felt that after the offer she made last night that she was possibly turning a new leaf, trying to change, own up to her mistakes, and act like a decent human being.

Isaac usually caught a ride to school with Stiles, but since Stiles couldn't take him for a reason that Isaac didn't know of he kindly asked Kira if it would be alright for him to go to school with her. She happily complied. Isaac would have asked Mr. Hale who was his adoptive parent, but Isaac really wanted to ride to school with Kira that morning. Of course Isaac knew that him catching rides with Kira were temporary, he wanted it to be permanent. He liked the calming music that she played that gently eased him into his day and the way Kira spoke only made Isaac feel comfortable, cared about, and ready to dodge whatever the day was going to throw at him. It was the support he lacked ever since his mother and brother died which led his father to abuse him. It was what he craved for so long, needed, and now he felt like he had it all thanks to Kira.

Kira and Isaac exited the car while Scott pulled up into the student parking lot with his dirtbike. Scott took off his helmet and set it on his dangerous method of transportation which revealed his dark ruffled locks.  Scott immediately noticed that their was no jeep and that Isaac came to school with Kira.

Scott nudged Isaac on the arm after slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Where's Stiles?"  Isaac shrugged.  Then the three of them noticed Malia zipping through the parking lot with the music blaring in her silver lexus like she usually does in the morning. When her car comes to halt and the sound of the tires streaking against the pavement cease, all three of their jaws drop in shock as they see Stiles step out of her vehicle. Scott once again nudged Isaac and asked, "why is Stiles in Malia's car?" and once again Isaac shrugged. "Are Stiles and Malia back together?"  Isaac shrugged once more.  "Do you know anything?"  Scott asked, since he was finding it hard to believe that Isaac didn't know anything either.

Isaac crossed his arms and shuffled on the balls of his feet. "I know how to recite the alphabet backwards,"  Isaac replied with sarcasm. Scott rolled his eyes and Isaac seriously responded this time. "Nope," he popped the 'p' when he answered his question seriously. "I honestly know as just as much as you which is nada."

"It's probably nothing guys.  Maybe that piece of scrap metal of his broke down again and Malia offered him a ride,"  Kira suggested only earning glares from both boys.  Kira gripped onto her books a little tighter she was extremely confused on why the sudden change of facial expression. They were puzzled one minute and the next it was like they were ready to attack her for her comment.  "Was it something I said?"  Kira asked, it was like their height had been established and they were not towering over her until now.

"Don't ever call Stiles' Jeep a piece of scrap metal.  If you would like to see tomorrow, Kira, don't insult the Jeep and especially in front of him," Isaac warned her.  Kira chuckled thinking it was a joke, however Scott and Isaac gave her wary looks, making her regret the fact that she insulted the jeep.