Chapter Eighteen

__________________________________________

Tonight was Prom night, and Lydia was currently in a limousine with two couples, Allison and Scott, and Isaac and Kira. There was nothing wrong with Lydia going to the Prom without a date. However, that didn't mean that Lydia didn't want someone to escort her there. She wanted that one person to make her feel special like Allison had Scott, or Kira had Isaac, who had recently become an official couple. During the car ride, the couples were clingy and flirted with one another, but they didn't exclude Lydia. Over the past few weeks, they all had become friends, building a tight-knit group of close friends.

Stiles wasn't in the limousine with his best friend, Scott. In fact, the two had only briefly talked a few times since the small fight that broke out during the English presentations. At the moment, Stiles didn't want to associate with Scott since he had been sticking to Lydia's side lately. So instead, Stiles went with Malia. The two had in a sense, retaped their relationship, but it wasn't meant to last. The tape holding them together was bound to unstick at some point because it wasn't capable of reinforcing their relationship. Besides Stiles and Malia, inside their limousine was Boyd, Erica, Cora, Heather, Aiden, Ethan, Tracy, Jackson, and a football player.

////////

When they arrived at the venue where the Prom was being held, they sat their belongings down at an empty table with a maroon tablecloth. Kira and Isaac left to grab refreshments, while Scott immediately dragged Allison and Lydia to the dancefloor.

A today's hit, two songs from the ninety's, and a childhood throwback later, and Lydia found herself sitting at their table, taking a break from the dancing. Eventually, Isaac and Kira returned with plates full of appetizers in both of their hands and then Allison and Scott returned to the table. The five friends ate and talked for a bit. Everyone was having a good time. Lydia surprised herself because she thought she would be miserable at this social affair with a room full of students that had a list of insults already prepared. However, she couldn't have been more content. No one teased her and people that never spoke to her approached. She wasn't expecting to have such a pleasant evening.

That was until Stiles and Malia, intruded their conversations that consisted of old stories and laughter. Stiles' and Malia's presence hushed their conversations, setting an awkward mood. Lydia took note of how Malia was practically glued to Stiles' chest. She was draped over his body, with her arms wrapped securely around his neck, as they approached the table.

"Hey, guys," Stiles greeted, waving at them.

Lydia didn't want to be around either of them at the moment. Yes, it was true she liked Stiles, but they still weren't on speaking terms, and she was sure that he wouldn't be the one to start a conversation with her anytime soon. Let alone the fact that she despised Malia for an endless amount of reasons, so she picked up her wristlet and announced, "I'm gonna head over to the ladies room."

Allison and Kira immediately took the hint and followed Lydia into the bathroom.

//////////

Lydia was using the bathroom mirror to touch up her lip gloss when Allison and Kira came in. Kira immediately began to rub Lydia's back asking, "Lydia, are you okay? I understand that it hurts seeing him with someone else."

At this point, Lydia understood choices. Lydia made a choice to hide her identity, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie decided to get a divorce or when someone decides to pull the trigger. Every decision is always going to have consequences whether it hurts or it benefits someone or something tremendously. No one can determine how these choices play out in the future, therefore, its like Deal or No Deal. You never know what the outcome is until after you open the case.