Chapter Five

__________________________________________

One class after lunch led Scott, Allison, Stiles, Malia, Cora, Erica, Isaac, Jackson, Kira, Heather, and Lydia to English.  However, today's class was different from how it usually was.  For starters the class seating chart changed.  Lydia and Allison usually sat at the first two seats closest to the door while the lacrosse players, the stepsisters, and the stepsister's friends sat in the back corner which was on the complete opposite side of the classroom, from where Lydia and Allison sat.  Today Scott decided to sit next to Allison, which led Stiles to take a seat in front of him, next to Lydia.

"What brings the two of you over to this side of the room?" Lydia asked her question to both of the boys as she unpacked her backpack, but Scott ignored her since he was already wrapped up in a conversation with Allison. "You're both disrupting uncharted waters."

"Would you like the long and romantic version or the concise?" Stiles asked smirking at the strawberry blonde.

"I love a good romance, but considering the fact that the bell is going to ring soon I'll go with concise," she told him.

"Scott clearly likes Allison and maybe it's reciprocated both ways who knows.  Anyways since Scott is over here flirting with Allison, I travel with him. Where he goes, I go," Lydia nodded at the boys reasoning.  Then loud booming voices approached, "and they apparently do too," Stiles muttered referring to the other players on the lacrosse team coming towards them. Lydia laughed at the words he muttered only loud enough for the two to hear.

Isaac and Jackson moseyed over to the four in the corner, "Stilinski, why are you sitting here?Aren't you the girl that Malia spilled the smoothie on?  If you are you should of wore that skirt again, because you looked smoking," Jackson said enunciating every vowel and every consonant that fell off of his lips. After complimenting her, he swiped his tongue on the bottom of his lip to arouse Lydia in some way shape or form.

"Scott wanted to come and sit over here and I can see why," Stiles smiled at Lydia.  "And Jackson she has a name it's Lydia-sorry he just likes the whole concept of the female species," Stiles apologized to Lydia for Jackson's behavior.

"So another words he is acting like a typical teenage boy," Lydia summarized and Stiles nodded agreeing.

"But where do we sit?" Isaac asked confused.

"Wherever you want to sit.  You don't have to sit near us," Stiles explained, before taking a sip from his water bottle.

Taking a hint, Jackson nudged Isaac and the two boys returned to their seats in the corner that they usually sat in.

Before the two could continue talking after Isaac and Jackson left the bell rang and the chatter in the classroom ceased at once.  The only sound that could be heard was the clicking sound the English teacher, Ms. Blake's heels made as she entered the classroom.  "Good afternoon, class!  Today you are going to be assigned a new project, turn to the person you are sitting next to," Ms. Blake demanded. 

Lydia turned to Stiles and Stiles turned to Lydia.  Allison turned to Scott and Scott turned to Allison.  "The person you are facing is going to be your partner for our next assignment and no exchanging partners with one another.  Your assignment is to present to the class who your partner really is.  This assignment may take some of you out of your comfort zones and push some limits." The entire class groaned in unison, before they were hushed by Ms. Blake. "Would you rather be writing an essay that deciphers the differences and similarities of Hemingway's works?" She asked, receiving no commentary from the class. "That's what I thought." Ms. Blake leaned against her hard wood desk before continuing, "Think of it like this you might make a new friend."