Chapter Sixteen

__________________________________________

A week had passed since the game, which meant that today was Friday. Friday was also the day of English presentations, which Lydia and Stiles were both dreading because they still hadn't spoken to one another. They had been avoiding each other in the halls and sitting on opposite sides of the classroom this past week. Occasionally, the two would stare when the other wasn't looking. However, besides the long looks they gave without the other noticing they had no contact whatsoever, until English that Friday.

Although they were together in English for four days that week, that didn't mean that they associated with one another. Instead, they both tried to lay low as much as possible from the tormenting they received in the halls. Surprisingly, Stiles' expectations of being made fun of weren't met. Yes, there were people that made fun of how gullible Stiles had been for not realizing sooner, but the teasing was bearable.  As a matter of fact, Malia ended up offering Stiles once more to get back together.  In his depressed state because of the Lydia situation, Stiles surprising complied.  As a result of, rekindling their relationship the taunting directed at Stiles dwindled and Stiles' and Malia's popularity skyrocketed. However, the mocking couldn't compare to the ridicule that was directed towards Lydia.

Lydia tried to avoid her peers as much as she could to get away from the constant mocking. For instance, during lunch this week Kira, Hayden, Allison, and Lydia ate their lunch in Allison's car. The car setting made Lydia more comfortable compared to the cafeteria full of students waiting to continue insulting her. In this type of situation eating in the car wasn't overreacting, rather it was a form of protection and completely reasonable. It like Lydia's safe haven, away from the name-calling, whispers and gossip, and the nonstop pointing and laughing. The lunchroom environment had caused her to feel like she was like a caged animal in a zoo. It was like she was the animal in the cage that would ram it's head into the cage's wall, causing everyone to erupt into laughter.

In English, students were scattered in their seats, some sat next to their partners while others simply did not associate with them. Ms. Blake entered the classroom with her heels clicking obnoxiously against the tile as she made her way to her desk. She greeted the students and pressed her hands together exclaiming, "I don't know about you all, but I'm excited about these presentations. So who's going first?" She asked the class.

No one answered and all the students hid their faces, in hopes of not getting picked on to present first. "Come on, guys. There must be at least one of you that wants to go first," she announced.

Then a hand from the second row shot up, a volunteer. Ms. Blake immediately thanked him, "Mr. Stilinski, thank you for being the first brave soul." To wish him good luck Malia leaned over to the seat next to his seat to plant a kiss on his cheek, wishing him good luck.   Malia had been quite affectionate with him, flaunting the fact that they were officially back together.  He then stood up from his seat with a flash drive in hand and walked up to the front of the classroom. Meanwhile, Lydia avoided making eye contact with him from her seat in the corner of the back of the room while she fumbled aimlessly with the coils on her notebook.

"I've prepared a video presentation," he announced, while he was setting up the video to be projected onto the screen. After uploading the video to the teacher's laptop, Stiles turned off the lights, pressed play, and returned to his seat.

The sun was out as Lydia walked to Stiles' Jeep with the camera facing the back of her head.

"Lydia, Lydia Martin, how are you today?" He asked her, although he wasn't visible on the camera screen he was still audible.