one

jimin's

"There lies a fine line between being accepted or rejected. 

Stand in the middle of that interval and you'll be the sole survivor"

Bluish bruise mixed well with purplish circular pattern were evenly splattered all over his body, he sauntered back towards the hell he calls home with almost numb legs. Crimson red colored blood dripped from the edge of his lip making his body an almost completed work art. He was an art that is painful to look at, the kind of art that is not too pleasing in one's naked eye.

Jimin was pretty occupied with loads of uncertainties to even mind his aching body because what awaits him inside his home was much way painful.

"What did I say about making a fool out of yourself?"

His father's bone chilling voice resonated all throughout their huge yet suffocating mansion. He was standing tall in front of him, calmed and composed yet he knew that behind his father's composure a raging storm was being bottled inside.

His hands were shaking while his whole body trembled out of fear.

"I-I'm, I'm sorry," the only words he could clearly formulate.

His head hung low waiting for his father to scream insults to him but he didn't hear any. The eerie silence brought his eyes to look straight to his father's eyes. He saw him smiling and before he could process what was happening his father's hand were already kissing his cheeks and a crisp slap echoed.

"What a shameless bastard, after I bailed you out from the police station you would just say sorry?" He spoke with an icy voice.

"I couldn't let them down they needed my help." He explained while his eyes begged for forgiveness and understanding.

"Every bits of your action will reflect on me, I warned you beforehand but what did you do? You still hang out with your good for nothing friends and got yourself arrested after a fight!" His father's voice suddenly rose.

He always hated self-pity but that was what he felt after hearing his father. Not even caring and asking if his son was in pain, it'll always be the public opinion and his career on top of his priority.

"Your reputation doesn't have anything to do with my choice to not abandon my friends." He said almost near a whisper yet the hard intent within his tone is undeniable. His rebelling self was taking over to the remaining self-control he possessed.

It was then Jimin had lost his temper making his voice become a pitch thinner and higher. And before he could even contemplate his father had already smacked him flat on the floor subsequently followed by a series of kicks, as helpless as he could only curl his body for defense.

"You're the biggest disgrace in this family!"

His father is a man full with greed and just when he thought that he'd be contented after all the beatings he gave— Jimin was certainly wrong.

His father started bashing his back using a metal stand which was quietly erected near them. He whimpered, one stung of pain was followed by another and another one until he lost count.

With every hit, a sensation ran down to his body. It was never new to him and he was immune to such. All the emotions that he felt were never new— hate, disgust, pain, and loathing mixed up with salty tears produced by hurt and suffering.

Jimin never wanted to be a disgrace, but they expected too much from him. He could never be the person the society wanted him to be. He doesn't fit to any category even to his family.

The bashing stopped.

"You better live like you don't exist, this is my last warning."

His father's word left a much more painful scar more than all the pain he felt from the beatings— a scar deeply rooted to his head.