five

jam's

"I'd like to remind everyone that next week's the deadline for the portfolio and also we need to make reservation for Britney's debut so that... hey! Jam are you even listening?"

Jam was suddenly pulled back from the series of thoughts that was keeping her away to focus on the discussion ahead of her.

"Uh-h yes of course, I'm sorry it's just that school works and club activities keeps me distracted." She answered back and flashed a tight smile.

"Oh geez, I thought you weren't a bit affected with our booked sched. I'll let you off this time but you got to rest and focus. Mkay?"

She beamed at Mina who in return looked at her confused with her sudden out of focus demeanor.

"So yeah we're done for today and I'll see you again tomorrow Jam." Mina stood up, gathered her things and winked at her before going out.

"Perhaps we won't see each other tomorrow." Jam said with a cheeky smile pasted in her lips.

"Really? Aren't you attending our class?"

"I'll skip class tomorrow, I'll be on a trip." She simply replied as she slowly fix her notes on top of the table.

"Oh that's rare to hear that you'll be on a trip but I guess it's good for you since you barely take some time off from school." Mina smiled at Jam before she waved her hands and finally bid farewell. With her hair bouncing up and down Mina excitedly jogged out from the room, oblivious with how Jam's smile faltered.

"I don't think we'll be able to meet after my trip." She softly said before walking out and shutting the door close.

---

.

After Jam had entered her apartment, she immediately laid herself in her comfortable huge sofa with the back of her head resting on its back rest. She was tired— neither from all the school works nor from her part time job as a tutor. She was tired in general and she just wanted to end it all. The realization dawned her that at last the moment to end everything has finally come.

The season of reaping has come and the time has finally arrived for her to decide.

Of all the choices laid in front of her...

SHE CHOSE DEATH.

For almost 3 months she kept two bottles of tranquilizer in her drawer debating when to take it all.

She doesn't suffer from insomnia or panic disorder but she was able to take a hold of those drugs without getting prescription due to her mom's sleeping disorder. Little by little she took her mom's pills until the two bottles she kept was full.

She crushed all the pills at a slow pace thinking that maybe she'll realized how wonderful life was and she might turn back halfway. But after crushing it all and mixing it in a glass of water her intention to end everything still stood firm.

She raised the glass of water filled with crushed drugs, scrutinizing the white substance floating in its water surface.

"Cheers for finding out if there is really a life after death." She maniacally laughed before placing the glass rim in her mouth.

Thereafter, she took a sip but the bitter taste of the drug left an impression in her mouth making her want to stop going further but her will to die was way too strong that she started taking big gulp from a small sip until the glass of water mixed with mashed drugs were full no more. She took it all without spilling a drop.