ten

The short nap that was vested onto me was disturbed by the familiar noise coming from the metal stand beside my bed. Lazily, I opened my heavy lids due to lack of sleep. If I was right it was almost three in the morning when I felt being placed on my bed.

As much as I remembered, the warmth of the man didn’t left my side for almost two hours. The comfort his chest had brought me was comparable as to what my mom had provided me. Park Jimin, as what he claimed to be his name became my comfort zone in that moment full of abyss and the rhythmic beating of his heart lulled me drifting to sleep.

"Oh! Took you long to wake up."

My head instantly turned to face the pale male by my side as he pulled the metal stand where my dextrose was situated.

"Say goodbye to your IV, you won’t be needing this." I felt relieved, alas free from tubes and dripping liquid.

As Nurse Min busied himself by pulling all the tubes attached on my arms, I couldn’t halt my mind to reminisce the memory of the man I've met last night and how I was able to wake up in my bed. Then I looked back to Yoongi, pursed my lips and contemplated if I should really ask him.

"Can I ask something?" I spoke slowly.

"No" he nonchalantly replied.

"Why?"

"Because I don’t want to."
Ok? He answered every question I asked maybe I should try asking again.

"Am I gorgeous?"

Within a heartbeat his head snapped back at me with a crumpled expression.

"Nope!" He exclaimed with a popping P at the end.

Ok! That did hurt my pride a little. But on the good side he still gave answers to my queue.

"D-do you know Park Jimin?" I asked, my tongue stumbling a bit.

Instead of giving me an immediate answer he just stared at me with face painted in confusion, his eyes gleamed with seriousness and pained.

I guess I won’t need verbal answers after all. He doesn't need to speak a word— he knew him for sure.

"How did you know Park Jimin?" He asked, gaze never leaving mine.

"I conversed with him last night." I said before diverting my gaze onto my hands followed by lifting myself from the bed to sit.

After being able to sit straight, I leaned my back on the headrest and looked at him once again. His confused face suddenly transformed into some emotion I couldn’t decipher and his eyes kept on fluttering as if processing all the information he heard. Maybe after a minute or so of spacing out he diverted his eyes back at me.

"Welcome to the club lady, you’re finally apart of insane family." He exclaimed and clapped his hands subsequently.

"Hey! You might see me as a suicidal brat but I’m not a liar, you ass face!" I ranted.

"Really? Well you should make up believable lies next time. Park Jimin is a schizo he was admitted here two years ago and never once did he spoke to anyone, never once did he left his own little world."

I was awed upon hearing the words which slipped from his mouth. The table has been turned upside down it was not Nurse Min who was flaunting a confused look right now. If he was suffering schizophrenia then to whom did I talked to last night?

Just the thought of ghosts and spirits lingering inside this asylum made my flesh shiver and strands of my hair pricked.

"But I swear he even stayed with me for many hours and embraced me." I desperately explained onto him and grabbed his hand.

"Jam," he removed my hand away from his hand.

"I don’t know if it was because I gave you too much dosage of your meds or it was just your raging hormones kicking in which made you hallucinate but please make use of your remaining time wisely instead of making lies and fantasizing of someone cuddling you."

I looked at him before I slapped his hand that lay above my head. Bastard! I almost forgot my life limit and you've just reminded me with it. My parents were paying big time in this shitty place I should request you to get fired.

"You should stop throwing daggers by looking at me like that it won't change anything Jam, it won't kill me."

I hovered back onto my bed and snatched the blanket to cover my face, hoping to catch more sleep. Just the thought of this annoying pale nurse and my creepy encounter with the so called Park Jimin I'd rather sleep and never wake up.

My mind was clouded with questions and possibilities I totally forgot my nurse’s existence beside me, not until I suddenly heard a plastic sheet being ripped and bottles clanging.

"Not so fast Jam, you need a dose of your medicine."

I've been sick and tired of eating and getting injected with all those kinds of drugs that sometimes I think it was useless because at the end of the day I'd still die and aren't drugs supposed to heal you why am I still feeling sick? Before I could even protest Ive felt a familiar stung in my arm and the liquid started crawling into my veins. The drug seeped on my bloodstreams once again.

"Yoongi, I feel sick." I softly said, lids getting heavier and heart beats beating faster.

"I know, and this’ll make you feel better."