twenty four

a|n : i barely managed to convince myself to continue writing this fic but with all the support that you've given me, i was infires :) thank you...

_______

Awaken from my deep repose due to a sudden force shaking both my shoulders violently. The overwhelming brightness coming from the florescent light hanging above the ceiling gave me a hard time recognizing the place in which I am situated.

A shadow suddenly covered the blinding light just in front of my face causing my vision to adjust quickly making me recognize the wallpapers and furniture of the cheap motel we rented.

"Thank God you're awake!" Jimin yelled before jumping on top of the bed next to me. My mind was in total chaos that before I could even fully comprehend what had happened, Jimin had already squeezed all the remaining oxygen inside my body.

"Get off!" I protested before slightly pushing him away.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm just relieved that you're fine," He awkwardly said before moving away subsequently scratching his neck.

"How long was I out?" I softly asked.

"You've been asleep for the whole day," He answered with serious intent.

That long?

I pressed my lids together tightly as I triex to calm myself from the disappointment I felt due to the time I had wasted. With every tick of the clock my life shortens, just like a lighted candle slowly burned and consumed.

"May I ask how many hours exactly?"

"13 hours if I'm not mistaken," Jimin answered wearily as he stood straight beside me.

He looked as if he didn't even get the chance to blink his eyes to sleep, he was tired and restless. Supposedly, this was a trip for the both of us to spend with Joy upon getting the liberation we truly longed for but it seemed that it only brought distress to him.

I promised to protect you-- what did I do?

"Do we still have enough money to purchase train tickets?" I suddenly asked, causing him to break free from his chagrin.

"W-we still have extra cash to spare, why?" he nervously queued.

A smiled crept onto my lips as I reached for his hand, "let's take a train to Busan."

"Why so sudden?"

"I wanted to experience the winter sea of Busan and visit your hometown."

"B-but-"

"I want to meet your friends Jimin," I paused before continuing, "They deserve to know the truth about you. More than anyone else you deserve to set yourself free from lurking around the past, you should cherish the present and face all the uncertainties of the future."

His orbs wavered, reflecting different shade of emotions-- fear, confusion and anxiety.

"I-I'm not ready, not ye--"

"Please, this is going to be my last request."

For some time he did not utter any respond which made me felt antsy, making me decide to pull him closer by my side to sit next to me. With all the remaining force my weak body contain I mustered the courage to close the gap between us and gave him the warmest hug I could ever give.

"Do you know that I really like the reckless Jimin who kissed me last night without warning? Do you have the slightest idea how much I admire the stubborn Jimin who fearlessly chased after me despite being repeatedly pushed away?" I softly said as I pat his back.

"Can someone bring that brave man back? I think I'm madly in love to that short guy," I added.

He chuckled and his tensed shoulders relaxed upon letting out a defeated sigh.

"Oh God, how could I even say no to you and when did you start being so manipulative?"

I beamed as I released him from my tight hug, subsequently placing my hand onto his cheeks and pinching both sides. "So are we going to Busan?" I asked.

"Two train tickets to Busan as it is madam," he giggled and continued, "and even a zombie apocalypse can't stop us from going."

---

The whole train travel was mainly composed of Jimin always checking on me from time to time, making sure that I was comfortable and at ease. Never once had his hand left mine nor stopped saying his cheesy pick-up lines on our way.

It was too obvious for me that he was trying to make things feel normal as possible, moreover, he did tried his very best to keep only positive conversation rolling.

It was as if he treated me like a royalty, no dazzling and luxurious things required, his sole presence was more than enough for me to say that for once I've experienced to be a queen.

If only our paths had crossed on the right circumstances it could've been perfect for the both of us. Our love story could've been simple just like the others, it will start on a 'once upon a time' and end with 'they lived happily ever after' it should've been like that.

Despite the very fact that I was truly hurting I needed to mask every bits of it with a smile. It was I whom he needed the most as of this moment but I couldn't stay any longer and soon I'll have to bid farewell.

"We're here!" his voice suddenly broke the chains of my deep thoughts.

"Ah-h yeah, where do you plan to go next?"

"Let's go somewhere near the sea, to the place where couples always goes for honeymoon," He said while wiggling his brows.

"Stop! Stop before I punch you in the face!"

"You don't have to be shy you do know that flat is my style."

"PARK JI-"

"Atta! Off we go!" he exclaimed before sprinting away.

Surely, this man is going to be the death of me.