twenty one

A vast city street glistening with luminous street lights and vehicles lay spread out ahead of us.

Never would've I imagined how beautiful the night light in Seoul was. Things and places as bright as these had always made my eye sore. But as of today my orbs perceived all of it as a dazzling gem-- magnificent and inviting.

"The real smell of freedom!" Jimin stretched out his arms and dug a deep sigh as he continuously sniffed the polluted air surrounding us.

Breathing polluted air was better than taking all the scent of ethanol every now and then. Two years of staying inside the asylum, I couldn't blame him though.

"Yeah, we've move passed being mental patients and now we've just turned into bums."

To break out fully equipped with only two stolen coat to keep our self-warm, some piece of clothes and pills makes the most well planned and successful escaped. I scoffed in my own sarcasm.

Snow kept on falling as we both stood outside, having no idea what the next step to take. My hands travelled through the pocket of the coat I was wearing hoping to keep myself warm a little.

As my hand reached the very end of the pocket a cylindrical object hit the tip of my fingers. Pulling it out hastily, a rolled of paper came to our view.

I looked at Jimin, "Who owned this coat?" I asked.

"Yoongi Hyung, why?"

"I just found paper bills."

"Aha! Aren't we lucky?" he smiled and snatched the money from my grasp before started counting it. "This is more than enough to get a room."

Poor Yoongi he got his coat stolen and now even his money. Who would even place such amount of fresh bills inside his coat pocket he could've at least placed it in his wallet.

"Let's go!" Jimin yelled as he marched away.

After almost half an hour of trying to find a decent motel we finally found a cheap yet good place to stay.

"We'd like to get a room for two." Jimin inquired.

"Wait! We're sharing a room together?" I interjected.

"Well of course, would you like to starve instead? Our money is not enough to even reserve two rooms for 3 nights."

I just sighed out of defeat and waved my hand in agreement. After all beggars can't chose nor demand anything.

"This is your key sir, second floor, room 24 upper left corner." The staff handed the key.

After saying his thank you he immediately left and headed towards the stairway. Jimin was silently walking while I followed his lead.

After the achingly long journey on the staircase. We finally found our room at the left wing of the motel.

With the clicking sound of the lock being open he subsequently pushed the door. A simple interior of the room was revealed with a single bed in the middle, chairs, table and drawers in the corner.

Jimin entered first and approached the window pushing the curtain sideways. I on the other hand immediately launched on top of the bed which was covered by white sheet.

"Ah-h this feels good I think this is going to be the most peaceful sleep I could ever have."

"Who said you're sleeping? Not yet babe," he exclaimed and placed his backpack on top of the table, unzipping it.

"And why is that so?" I rose from my repose.

"Change, we'll go clubbing." He stated as he busied himself pulling all his clothes out from his back and putting it inside the closet.