-Chapter: Four-

It is said that when God created human beings, He used sand from Earth to mould our fragile body and it was then that he placed our soul into it.

It was the reason why, when a person died; he was buried deep into the Earth.

I had never seen death before, so when my brother ran into the stable, eyes wide and a look of horror plastered on his face, I thought of all the people that had lost their loved ones. I had been so naive and indifferent to their loss, but now I could understand it, because I had one of my loved ones in the brink of losing their life.

My knees buckled under my body weight, my lips went dry and my eyes forgot how to blink as I fell. A pair of strong arms caught me by my waist and steadied me to my feet. I wanted to yell at my brother to go to my father and that I would be fine. I tried moving my hands so that I could somehow send the message across but they were no more under my control.

My father needed Asad more than me.

I saw his lips move as he said my name, but I could hear nothing, was I going deaf too?

It had happened years ago, when I was fourteen, my father had gone to work and a messenger of Master Maha had appeared suddenly informing our family that my father had suffered through a heart attack.

We were panicked, we did not know what to do, and my mother was on the edge of losing her mind. We had hurried to Master Maha's mansion where a doctor was waiting for us; he had explained what had happen and had warned us – it should not happen again.

Maybe I was crying, I could not feel the tears running down my cheek, maybe I was simply think of the worst outcome. I did not know and I didn't care, I wanted my father alive.

I closed my eyes, I didn't even notice the pair of arms wrapped around me, or that I was leaning against a body.

Please, I want him alive, please help me! I prayed in my mind and I felt the strength drain out of me slowly.

Take my strength, let me heal him. I felt my mind go blank, the little control that I had on myself dissolved and I fell limp into the stranger's arms

****

"A miracle!"

My mother's cry woke me up from my deep slumber. I felt tired and I wanted to curl and go back to sleep, but something made me open my eyes.

It was mistake, as soon as I opened my eyes, I was blinded by the bright light and I had to shut it again.

"I think Ayah just opened her eyes." I could hear my brother, but it sounded like as if he was on the other end of a long tunnel. I wanted to nod my head in affirmative that I had gained my consciousness, but slight movements made my head ache.

"I will offer the poor food once I get home. I have witnessed a miracle! Now my daughter is also gaining consciousness, praise the lord!" I heard my mother continue and I wondered what she was talking about. I slowly tried to open eyes, blinking a little so that they could get adjusted to the light.