Chapter 33 - Heat

---Zayne's POV---

My mind was clouded by the heat but I could vaguely hear a door slamming shut, could hear muffled voices and Marcus' deep growl before I whimpered again. Instantly Marcus' scent flared even harder, succeeding to making me hard as a brick while my back arched.

"Oh gods, Zayne, please stop..." Marcus begged, voice deep and strained. I couldn't help but whimper and rub myself all over his bed sheets, panting as the once soothing warmth was reaching painful peaks.

"Marcus...hurts!" I panted, barely able to keep my eyes open. My chest heaved under the heavy panting as Marcus shivered, closing his eyes with a deep groan. "P-Please Marcus, hurts..."

My body burned through the heat, making me writhe and shiver, my mind clouded and delirious. I could hardly focus on anything but the overwhelming heat in my stomach, the sharp spikes of pain that was spreading over my limbs until all I wanted to do was scratch at my skin.

Instead my fingers clawed at the bed, my mind completely hazy through this unbearable heat. It felt seconds later that I was whimpering and moaning when Marcus had mounted me, finally quenching that heat.

I could feel him on me, over me, in me and loved it. When my mind slowly cleared up, I was still panting and Marcus was holding me tightly to him, knotted to one another for an unknown amount of time.

Burying my face in his throat, I inhaled deeply and let out a sleepy whine when Marcus carefully drew me closer. "Shhh, rest love. This is going to be a very long night for us both." He murmured, pressing his lips in a tender kiss against my sweaty forehead.

My body obeyed before I even realized, the heat meddling with my mind the whole time. When the sunlight slowly started to creep in the room again, I woke up sore and fully sated, blinking in confusion as I looked around me.

Memories fluttered through my mind, producing a sharp heat on my cheeks as I remembered the countless times I had jumped on Marcus, begging for his attention. How he had been more than willing to help me out, our forms twisted and tangled in pleasure throughout the night.

I shivered slightly, tilting my head up when I realized Marcus wasn't lying beside me.  Pushing myself on my hands, I relaxed when I heard the shower going on and allowed myself to droop back down, sighing contently.

This heat was exhausting, to say the least. I felt boneless, tired to the point where I didn't wanna move at all. Tiny shivers coursed through my body, a reminder of the heat still present but doused for the moment.

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing awake?" Marcus spoke as soon as he came out the bathroom and noticed I was awake. I couldn't answer, too exhausted to move but hungry as well. A tiny whimper escaped me as my stomach grumbled, notifying my mate of the growing discomfort.

"Oh." He chuckled, quickly walking to the bed before he lifted me in his arms. I was shivering all over, clutching to him with a whimper as I felt the warmth curl in my stomach. "Easy Zayne. Just gonna get you some food darling but leaving this room without you would flare up the heat to a painful degree."

Marcus' lips feathered against my skin as he placed a soft yet reassuring kiss on my forehead. Wrapping me up in the softest blanket he could find, he carried me out of the room as I kept shivering, burying my face against his throat to keep warm.

It was as if the world was made of ice and he was my only source of warmth. Even the sun glowing on my skin didn't feel right. Though the blanket was soft, it felt like raw and abrasive compared to Marcus' hands, holding me against him with tender care.