Chapter 31 - Scent Rolling

---Zayne's POV---

I was a bit surprised when Marcus brought me back home without waiting for the others to come along. He instantly went to our bedroom and gently settled me down on the bed, making me whine slightly before I stretched my limbs and sniffed our covers.

Marcus was being oddly quiet, staring at me with a thoughtful expression as I curled up. I tilted my head slightly, wondering what was going through my mate's head. Was it about that boy who had wanted to claim me for his own?

My tail wagged slightly as Marcus sat beside me, sighing heavily while he pushed a hand through my fur. "Can you shift back for me Zayne?" I nodded slowly, focusing on the weird sensation and felt my heart hammer in my chest at the sudden burst of fear.

I hadn't shifted back a lot but every time I changed back to my human form, I still felt that overwhelming fear, as if I was going to be punished any time soon. When the change was over, I laid limp on the bed, panting slightly before I regained control over my body.

Surprisingly Marcus was lying beside me, elbow resting on the bed to support his head. I managed to slowly push up so I was sitting upright, taking a deep breath as I did. I tilted my head curiously when I noticed the dazed look in his eyes before he shook his head, averting his eyes.

"Marcus?" He looked back as I spoke, my fingers hesitantly reaching for his skin. Why were his cheeks so warm? "Why you...b-blush?" I asked, uncertain if I said it right. Even with the pack happily teaching me how to speak, it was still a very hard thing to do so.

My thumb brushed over his stubbly cheek and I smiled awkwardly as he chuckled before clasping his own hands over my cheeks. "I uh...Well, I need to tell you something and I want you to listen to me Zayne."

I nodded seriously, licking my lips nervously while watching Marcus. He sighed, scratching at his beard before chuckling awkwardly. "Look, I don't know how to really start this but..." He sighed heavily, making me frown before I was cuddled in his side.

"You obviously remember that brat," Marcus growled softly, making me whimper and nuzzle his throat to sooth him. He relaxed with a deep breath before continuing, "The brat wanting to claim you for his own? Now my wolf is going haywire, needing to either ..."

I tilted my head when I saw Marcus' eyes flash for a moment before he got control of himself. However, I blushed ferociously when he explained his need to Scent-Mark me. He went on to explain what this scenting or scent rolling would imply.

My cheeks burned as I realized that Marcus was going to touch me... everywhere, and in both forms. He needed to spread his scent all over me and usually, that would be done by simply mating one another.

Mating... Marcus had told me what mating was, that one morning when I woke up with my member hard and a high need for my mate. But still, I didn't quite understood why? I've heard Mike's cries one night and honestly, it scared me a little.

But yet, at the thought of mating, my wolf was wagging his tail off, scrambling and whining to get closer to Marcus. So it must be a good thing, right? I swallowed heavily and nodded my consent when Marcus asked, "I need to Scent Roll Zayne. But I won't do it, not without your permission, so please?"

As soon as I nodded, Marcus let out a relieved sigh before shrugging his shirt off. I backed up slightly to the middle of the bed, feeling a heat in my stomach when Marcus smoothly followed before he gently urged me to lay back.

He got rid of his pants and shifted, making me awe and reach up to pet his luscious fur. He whined happily and indulged my petting and slight tugs on his fur. Soon enough, he huffed and gently licked at my throat, his thin whiskers making me giggle and squirm away from him.