Chapter 26 - The Truth

---Marcus' POV---

The whole packhouse was completely silent as every wolf gathered in the yard. Zayne was draped over my back, still shivering from the brutal force of the Alpha command, but I couldn't have been any more proud of my pup.

His fingers weakly held onto my fur, making me turn back and gently nuzzle his face. He offered a wobbly smile before closing his eyes, drooping off of my body as he fell asleep and shifted halfway.

Luckily I could catch him with little effort, laying him down on the floor between my paws before I glanced at the others. We were still waiting for the rest of Pack Law to arrive.

My muzzle twitched into a cruel snarl, my fur bristling slightly as I smirked. Yes, all of Pack Law was going to unite to deal with this filth. We were going to eradicate all those who had a hand in this, reeducate the innocent and most importantly.

We were going to tear Zayne's former Alpha apart.

A few low growls could be heard clearly as my thoughts were projected through the link, almost everyone agreeing silently. Enough is enough and Zayne's former Alpha needed to be put down, as quickly as possible.

"They're almost here. Ready to go?" Alpha Lee spoke through the link, alerting us of the arrival of the last few packs of Pack Law. I glanced over my shoulder and turned around, keeping a protective stance over Zayne as I spotted a few huge wolves appearing from the forest.

I could feel my hackles rise up as several eyes were focused on Zayne's tiny form, the four Northern Alpha's striding over with purpose and clear curiosity burning in their gaze.

"Forgot the Northern Pack Law consists of mostly Dire wolves." I grumbled, hearing Terrance's chocked laugh before he nudged me playfully. "After all the boasting I did, coming from the North to protect you itty bitty wolves, and you forgot that mostly all Northern wolves are massive Dire wolves?"

A low growl spilled past my lips as I curled them warningly, flashing my teeth in playful annoyance. I hadn't forgot about Terrance's constant picking on our size in the very beginning, nor the fact that we were all impressed of the colossal wolf he could change into.

"Funny that I do remember how my itty bitty wolf kicked your furry butt in the dirt." I teased, huffing a laugh when Terrance averted his head with a huff. My ears pricked up at claws scuffing over a rock, and I looked up just in time to see the Alphas coming to a halt in front of us.

I grew serious and lowered my head slightly; stance widening as I showed my respect to the Alphas but also made it clear that no one was getting near Zayne. They huffed in annoyance as their wolves let out a low grumble before Lee intervened, shifting on the spot.

"As his mate, Marcus is quite protective of our little Omega. Forgive him." Lee spoke, ruffling though his brown hair as the four Alphas shared a look before shifting into four identical men.

The quads glanced down at the omega between my paws, clearly sniffing the air before glancing at me. "We'd like to meet the pup that alerted us of the fact that Pack Law has been slacking. As guardians, we are supposed to prevent things like these from happening."

I didn't like it at all but I sighed heavily and gently nudged Zayne to wake up. His little pup form stretched out with a pitiful whine, gaining attention of every wolf in the premises before he forced himself up with a extended yawn, licking his lips tiredly.

The tired look quickly changed to shock and slightly fearful as he instantly scrambled on his paws. My low growl rumbled against his back, making me grin slightly as I sat down on my haunches and allowed Zayne to press back against me.