Chapter 2- Can I just dance?

"We're here!" I hear my mum squeal from next  to me. I groaned and rolled over, realizing I fell asleep in the taxi i peeked and eye open curously. I see my mum of course looking around outside and the driver in the front seat looking around also.

what was so magical about woods? I thought to myself.

I rolled my eyes and closes my eyes again. "Mai, get you lazy bum up now!" I heard my mom whisper-shout at me. I giggled at how childish she could act sometimes. I sat up to find my mum staring at me.

"What" I asked. "You hair looks like a bird make a nest in there then the rats came, then a whale, and then the hawks pecked the rest" she said seriously. I couldn't help, but bust out laughing then and there. My mum could get on your nerves one minute then make you laugh your bum off the next.

"Now hop out you need to cross the border soon and here" she gave me a letter. "Open it up when you cross the border" she says smiling. I took the note and stuck it in a pocket of my jeans. "Alright sweetie" she kissed my forehead and got back in the cab. She rolled down the window and smiled at me. "Just walk straight about two miles and you will be there, remember behave yourself." she said as the cab drove away, taking my mom with it. I smiled sadly that she was leaving. I turned around and started walking.

Why did this place have to be so darn far I complained in my head.

I grumbled as I walked.